Champions League!!!

mclarensmps

Car(s)
'11 KIA Forte Coupe
Who's watching? I'm surprised there are no threads about it yet.

Liverpool started their campaign in shaky form but with a win thanks to the fantastic Stevie Gerrard. His first goal was absolutely epic. GO REDS :D

Louis Felipe Scolari also has started his UCL challenge with a bang, with Chelsea pretty much scoring on demand with their 4-0 win.

The Barca game (which I'm watching a repeat of right now) seems really exciting. Good start for them too, 2-1.

Athletico Madrid, great start in the UCL as well, by absolutely demolishing PSV. I've got a soft spot for them, and I want to see them do well.

Roma provided us with the first upset of the UCL, I don't know what happened on that front.

Inter's game, on the other hand, was business as usual.

--

Personal point of view, I'm supporting Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Fenerbahce. I've got a potential $280 riding on today's games, lets see what happens :D

GO JUVE!!!

I'm a bit afraid of Zenit though, they were impressive last season.

Well ManU and Arsenal completely botched up my picks tonight :( that's a few dollars I'm never gonna get back.

I did get some sadistic pleasure out of seeing ManU not winning at Old Trafford :D. Christiano Ronaldo my arse :p

p.s. I told you Juve would do fine ;). Fenerbahce though :(

Good start for Chelsea yesterday. :)

Sad that Arsenal wasn't able to win one, but it makes me happy that Man U was unable to win one.

Ha Celtic. Get it round yous.

Aren't you a rangers supporter ? ;)

Sucked in. They couldn't even make the uefa cup. :p

Bar?a won the match but I didn't leave me a good impression. I think this year the team will have to work much harder if they want to get somewhere. But my hopes are still with them so... For?a Bar?a!! ^_^

Bar?a won the match but I didn't leave me a good impression. I think this year the team will have to work much harder if they want to get somewhere. But my hopes are still with them so... For?a Bar?a!! ^_^

I feel both Messi, and Liverpool's Torres only showed a hint of their genius up front. Both of them were having balls taken away from them, and seemed as if they were a bit rusty, just a bit clumsy on the touches. Torres more so than Messi.

Hopefully their magic will come back soon, we all know what they are capable of :).

I think Barca will do a lot better this year, if you can have Henry spend less time in the wings and more time cutting to the middle, we might see him a bit happier and show a little bit of his legendary form again! I'm crossing fingers here. Deco's loss hit me pretty hard because he was one of the biggest reasons I liked Barca. Basically Deco, Henry, Eto'o, Puyol, and Messi are the reasons why I support them at all. Ronaldinho too, but he was not happy there, and we didn't see any of the true Ronaldinho at Barca.

My biggest concern is Liverpool, because, apart from their EPL game with ManU, they have looked terribly shaky and jittery, and their wins have had more to do with luck than skill. Sure they have had the best start to both championships that they've had in a while, but their results don't actually reflect the way the games have been played, in my opinion.

Sooooo Arsenal gives poor ol' Porto a Rollicking. van Persie was ON FIRE :D

Real Madrid vs. Zenit was business as usual. Absolutely great game to watch, that. Attacking play on either side. The first goal was unfortunate, though. Arshavin is an absolute beast when he's got the ball... he really needs a better support cast :\.

ManU gave Aalburg a beating, I felt bad for them because united played like shit, albeit, both of Berbatov's goals were nice.

Fenerbahce couldn't get anything out of their match.

Bayern is just in the most sorry state I've seen in a while. Not even worth commenting on them...

What the hell happened to Juve? I mean their goals were awesome, but, in the beginning they just completely fell apart o_O.

---

Looking forward to what Liverpool can do today. A huge part of me says that they might be in for a shock defeat, because they haven't lost a game yet, but a small part of me says that Torres is back on form, and it's about damn time that Keane gets a few in. Crossing fingers :p.

ManU gave Aalburg a beating, I felt bad for them because united played like shit, albeit, both of Berbatov's goals were nice.

Clearly you were wearing Liverpool tinted glasses while watching the game. United played very well. The only weak link was slightly shoddy finishing, they should really have scored about 8.

That's what I mean. Their collective strike force is worth how much exactly (Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Berbatov? - that said I'm not a fan of any of them except for Tevez, who rocks :p).

Credit where credit's due though, Rafael seems to be quite the find for Fergie. He's a kid with potential!

--

As for Liverpool, glad that Keane is off his duck. I still think we overpaid by a good amount for the man, and until the match before this, he was looking like enough wasted money out there. Riera on the other hand... awesome :D. We needed that guy... bad. Too bad they couldn't keep a clean sheet for the game, but then, I was expecting the worst from them, so that was decent enough.

Chelsea... what the hell was that all about then?

I still have to watch the Barca game, I'm staying as far away from scores as possible before I get my chance to see that, but I'll probably have seen it by the time I visit the board next time.