Britcar 24hrs 2008 [No Top Gear]

At least we will be able to spot them in the morning! What a colour :barf:

There are two BMW 330's listed, but neither is the Top Gear team... what gives?

It appears that the top gear entry has been scratched from the race. There is a team in a black BMW330 however, so that could be the car - but it's being run as CTC and not Top Gear.

Is there a way to confirm this?

The CTR BMW apparently has John Clonis, Phil Donoghy, Chris Bentley, Phil Brough, Chris Wright and Anna Walenska at the wheel, so no Top Gear it seems!

I wonder if it was a bit of a marketing ploy.

If they currently are in San Francisco then it would mean a rather rushed and very tiring schedule (jet lag). When they get back they would go straight into a practice session, Plus setting up all the filming etc. My guess is that they decided to drop the 24hr event and carry on with whatever they are doing over in the US.

Wonder whats the chance of one of the other Top Gear crews showing up...although the Bathurst 24hrs would be even cooler...with all three crews...

Thanks for that. :D

Just to confirm, i was at the race and no TopGear team.

Thorney Motorsport (who helped Top Gear last year) were only running a VX220. Still a good race but needed Top Gear to make it brilliant :)

So im guessing there having too much fun in America :)

Well, despite no TG, that was the best 24 hours I've done so far (i've done the last 2). Hard work especially with the mayhem at the start warrenting 2 of us trying to dress a huge oil slick between laps, and lots of flag wavin' madness! Great fun. I especially liked the on board cameras on the VX220 beamed live to the cafe whilst having dinner! Roll on next year!

Thats bad news I was really looking forward on this :sad::sad: