Random Thoughts....

I'm 20 years late, but I never knew that the American SNES looked like that.

It's hideous.

So I formatted my system drive because I was getting all sorts of errors and my computer was turning itself off by itself. I analyzed the HDD and found that the kernel files had been modified, so I thought they had gotten corrupted somehow.

After the HDD wipe and putting back Windows on it, it stopped turning itself off ... but I've been getting all sorts of problems with it lately. Here's a list of what I have so far.

1. My system tells me that it has a processor with a clock speed of 1.7 Ghz .... but I know for a fact that it can't do more than 1.5 Ghz. Has my computer overclocked itself??

2. Sometimes when I try to delete icons from my desktop, the computer freezes.

3. Sometimes when accessing some of Window's settings from the Control Panel, it freezes.

4. Inexplicably, at random times, it prompts me to connect to my backup dialup connection. (My main connection is up and running all the time, so no need to and it never did that before.)

Ummmm...... help!?

wow, i've had a really great day today. found out i've been dating a con artist and control freak who has swindled me out of my lap top and hundreds of dollars in clothing and cash, and coerced me to pay for a 200 dollar sewing machine. he would borrow my car and use up all my petrol, then i'd have to pay for his petrol plus mine, he's also damaged my car window controller. he forced me to quit my job and live with him for half a week working for his business which he hasn't paid me for. he tried to convince me to drop out of uni and work for him full time while he swindled more of my money and time out of me. tonight i stood up to him and he threatened me and threw me out of his house. my parents have taken me back in and they had to pick me up because i was so upset i would have crashed on the hour drive home. not to mention he has multiple knives in his home and has a previous assault charge.

now i am broke, jobless, have 2 essays due this week and in a really bad emotional state. and the reason why i'm telling a bunch of strangers on the internet this is because he has hacked my email accounts and i cannot get in touch with my friends. not to mention no one wants to talk to me at 4am except for the police who keep calling me because he's trying to make a complaint against me at his local station.

and i have no one to blame but myself for all this happening. so in short - i'm a fuckwit.

^Indeed, you need to watch your shit man ... what if it comes out weird? You need to pay attention to stuff like that.

Congratulations mclarensmps for making an effort to see shit again. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:So I'm getting glasses this week. Not just reading glasses, permanent ones. Crikey! It's gonna take getting used to...

and i have no one to blame but myself for all this happening. so in short - i'm a fuckwit.

Sad to hear, but honestly. Try to look at it in a live and learn kinda way. You know better now, and at least it didn't happen in a more critical time of your life. As well, it could have been a lot worse...

I'm about to go show a steak whose boss...:cool:

wow, i've had a really great day today. found out i've been dating a con artist and control freak who has swindled me out of my lap top and hundreds of dollars in clothing and cash, and coerced me to pay for a 200 dollar sewing machine. he would borrow my car and use up all my petrol, then i'd have to pay for his petrol plus mine, he's also damaged my car window controller. he forced me to quit my job and live with him for half a week working for his business which he hasn't paid me for. he tried to convince me to drop out of uni and work for him full time while he swindled more of my money and time out of me. tonight i stood up to him and he threatened me and threw me out of his house. my parents have taken me back in and they had to pick me up because i was so upset i would have crashed on the hour drive home. not to mention he has multiple knives in his home and has a previous assault charge.

now i am broke, jobless, have 2 essays due this week and in a really bad emotional state. and the reason why i'm telling a bunch of strangers on the internet this is because he has hacked my email accounts and i cannot get in touch with my friends. not to mention no one wants to talk to me at 4am except for the police who keep calling me because he's trying to make a complaint against me at his local station.

Well what I would do.

The Police are your friends, use them. Answer the phone and make an appointment with them too tell your side of the story. Can you get a Solicitor to go with you, I would. Documentary evidence of your allegations is good too. You have to think about what his allegation against you is and make sure that you can rebut it convincingly.

Set up a Hotmail account and get all the addresses of your friends and email them saying not to use your other address - do not give details over the net as to why (defamation. ...).

What does your dad say?

Good luck.

When you suddenly come up with a brilliant idea, do you immediately think "That was a great idea, I am a genius", or "I am an idiot, why didn't I think of that sooner"? I for one am in the latter category.

As you've identified, you're solely to blame here.

But do get on to the cops... maybe they won't do much or get your stuff back, but then you can tell that asshat boyfriend of yours that the Rozzers have been notified.

And next time, please for the love of God use your head when you get into a relationship with a guy! And continue using your head during that relationship! No offense, but from what you've told us on here about your love life you're not thinking with your head when it comes to guys. I know it's hard for women to think rationally and without their emotions, but please try next for your own sake.

Might be hard to identify a conman right off the bat, but you were the one who continued to allow him to use you. Like what the hell, nobody should move into someone's house they've known for such a short period of time, especially if it's a young girl such as yourself who is just a big bullseye target for these scumbags. Focus on your work and school, and try to get into a light relationship where the other guy isn't too demanding. I seriously don't get people who get into so much relationship drama so early in life.

So in short, don't be so hard on yourself but use your noggin next time!

Last edited:
BRB: hopping on a plane to Sydney to break this guy's shins. Maybe then he'll learn to respect other people for something other than his personal gain.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. What more can I say.

I hope that shit works out... and so it will, eventually. It may take time, like most things, but it'll pass.

Anyways, someone needs to go kick that guys ass.

A friends offered to sell me his 1978 MG Midget (with a 12a engine swap - dynoed at 200hp). It is pretty tempting, the body is in very good shape (next to no rust), it has been repainted, and it also has a nice 5 speed. Unfortunately I don't have any clear idea on how many miles the engine has on it. The engine was bought crate and swapped in during the late eighties / early nineties by the last owner. It was never used as a daily driver so I figure it has around 100k on it, but that is just a guess. Hmmm. I'll see if the test drive in it tomorrow dooms me or not.

And next time, please for the love of God use your head when you get into a relationship with a guy! And continue using your head during that relationship! No offense, but from what you've told us on here about your love life you're not thinking with your head when it comes to guys. I know it's hard for women to think rationally and without their emotions, but please try next for your own sake.

:thumbup:

No wonder they say "all the good guys are taken".