Breaking news: From next year BBC to show Formula 1

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Louise goodman either? She seems to get on well with the drivers. Blundell isn't a great loss really, but wouldn't have minded him still being on the team.

I agree that Murray is past his prime.

But anyone would be better than Greg Rust and Cam McConkin. Sick of listening to Rust think up half-arsed questions for McConville to guess an answer to because he has no idea what goes on in F1.

Don't get me wrong, Rust is a good pit reporter and McConville is a great driver.....but they suck big time as F1 presenters.

A soundtrack of whale music playing over the footage would be more exciting and informative then those clowns. I hope SBS gets the F1 rights if channel 10 loses them. They do great coverage of the Tour so im sure they would do a good job in F1

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Louise goodman either? She seems to get on well with the drivers. Blundell isn't a great loss really, but wouldn't have minded him still being on the team.

I don't like how 'mumsy' she comes across on the broadcasts, and I mean how old is she now anyway? 50? Time she was put out to pasture. James Allen's contact hasnt been picked up which isnt entirely unsurprising and it's nice to see Brundle will (most likely) be making the switch.

No idea who Jonathan Legard or Jake Humphrey are, but if Legard has commentated for Radio Five then I expect him to do a good job.

Whats the situation with GP2? is that still gonna be with ITV? I really dont want to lose this beautiful chick...

But it means BBC live stream via anyone who can make the iPlayer available outside the UK.

On a side-note, whoever Lee McKenzie is, he/she must be joined by Ted Kravitz. If they got Martin to jump ship, and I suspect they already have, even though he's not admitting it (neither did Murray throughout '96), they should have also got Ted, since in recent times his pit lane reporting has been very good.

Agree, iplayer is likely to give better quality and be much more user friendly (I hate the itv stream :()

blundell gone - good stuff
steve ryder gone - good
louise goodman gone - good
james allen gone - GET THE FUCK IN THERE YOU BASTARD!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

slightly disappointed that ted kravitz may not get the transfer, i think he does quite a good job.

slightly disappointed that ted kravitz may not get the transfer, i think he does quite a good job.

I agree. Recently he has been doing rather well. But I think the thing is that ITV use him on their BTCC broadcast as well, and it would mean a clash of contracts if he would be signed by the Beeb to continue to be a pitlane reporter at GPs.

I think the problem i have is that commentators are to no longer be on-site but instead back at the studio to cut costs, looking only the same pictures we see plus a timing screen. StarSports does it out here and personally i don't think it works. There is enough happening that the miss by not at least being able to count the cars as they go passed or see them enter/exit the pit lane.

ITV get some costs covered by letting Steve Rider perform functions during the weekend, such that he interviewed Hamilton here in Singapore on stage i think for Jonnie Walker.

I had the impression that Crazy Dave would end up joining the BBC commentary/presentation team. Although I'm mildly disappointed that he won't be joining A Question Of Sport...

Jonathan Legard should do an excellent job on the commentary - I've heard from several people who turn the sound down on ITV and have the Five Live commentary on instead.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=36391

Eddie Jordan to join BBC line-up?

24/10/2008

The Daily Express claims that former team owner Eddie Jordan is in talks with the BBC with a view to joining its team when the British broadcaster takes over from ITV next season.

While the BBC is refusing to confirm its line-up, which will include David coulthard and Martin Brundle, Jordan - in a rare move - has refused to comment.

The Irishman is releasing a charity single next month with his band The Robbers, with proceeds going to the CLIC Sargent cancer charity.

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman? Interesting.

And how many times will Eddie make Martin remember about the repair bill for the Jordan 196 that he rolled over in '96 in Oz?

I don't mind any of the ITV crew other than Allen. Ryder and Blundell are kind of redundant I guess but Kravitz and Goodman cover different angles that the commentators can't.

I think the problem i have is that commentators are to no longer be on-site but instead back at the studio to cut costs, looking only the same pictures we see plus a timing screen.

Is the BBC doing this? Is it confirmed? It sounds like a terrible idea :/ All the excitement will be sucked out of it.

I don't mind any of the ITV crew other than Allen. Ryder and Blundell are kind of redundant I guess but Kravitz and Goodman cover different angles that the commentators can't.

Is the BBC doing this? Is it confirmed? It sounds like a terrible idea :/ All the excitement will be sucked out of it.
The commentators will be at the race, the presenters will be in a studio.

I like the current ITV line up.. well except for Allen's Hamliton loving. I am happy because in Canada TSN shows the ITV feed, I don't have to watch speed channels poor attempts at contaminating

emotional and funny

Funny video, well except for the clips of James Allen commentating...and the clips of Hamilton... good to see the drivers trying to sing along thou, Rubens was giving it his all! :p

Oh my god i don't think i've laughed that hard in so long! xD

That was a fantastic clip. Shows that there is still life and humour in Formula 1, no matter how much Bernie and Max try and get rid of it.

One interesting frame in the video, did anyone else notice Flavio getting a severe pasting from Bernie?? Oh to be a fly on the wall!!