Post your first car

Does anybody's first car ever have proper tyres? My Bluebird had some very cheap ones at first, and there was a noticeable jiggle at over 110km/h. Then I *upgraded* to a set of Conti Viking winter tyres, from which the studs had been pulled off. Those were some amazing Hollywood style rubber, since every time I made a turn at any speed over 30 km/h, there was a huge squeal. The wallowy suspension of "The Red Devil" must've helped. Naturally, I made the most out of it.

I also had a "Japanese Performance" sticker on the bootlid, covering a paint repair.

I got 5 brand new summer tyres with alloys (4 plus spare), and 5 studded Nokia tyres (used) and 2 more Nokia studded rubbers (used)....so all in all, I got around 12 wheels with the car...welcome to the world of halftracks :p

Ironically, this is the best pic I have of my first...
97 Cavalier LS

IMG_0623.JPG

Oh What Fun We Had, RIP

I got 5 brand new summer tyres with alloys (4 plus spare), and 5 studded Nokia tyres (used) and 2 more Nokia studded rubbers (used)....so all in all, I got around 12 wheels with the car...welcome to the world of halftracks :p

wait, nokia makes tyres?

I was driving this great back road near my house, was going a little fast but not stupidly, the limit on the road is 45 after all. Anyway I come around the bend and theres a deer just standing in the middle of the road, I swerved to the right and popped the curb with my front tires, slammed into a fire hydrant and took out a small tree and 360'd back onto the road. All I remember is looking out the driver side window and seeing my tire roll away from the car thinking "oh crap, not drivin away from this...."

I was driving this great back road near my house, was going a little fast but not stupidly, the limit on the road is 45 after all. Anyway I come around the bend and theres a deer just standing in the middle of the road, I swerved to the right and popped the curb with my front tires, slammed into a fire hydrant and took out a small tree and 360'd back onto the road. All I remember is looking out the driver side window and seeing my tire roll away from the car thinking "oh crap, not drivin away from this...."

OUCH. Glad you got out of it alright. Did you hit the deer?

'91 Honda Civic Wagovan- 4WD drive with the gimmicky 6-speed.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/05/Honda-Civic_Wagon_1990_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Best car I've ever owned.

My first vehicle was 1979 Oldsmobile Toronado with a 350 ci(5.7 l) V-8, 4 bbl carb, fwd, customized 2 into 1 exhaust. I don't remember what the hp was(about 190 stock), but once the car got rolling it was plenty fast(2.92 final drive). Oh, it was gold with tan interior

I don't have a pic, but here is the wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronado#Third_generation.2C_1979.E2.80.9385

EDIT: The hp was probably more along the lines of 160 stock. I got this car about 1987 from my parents and had driven it a bit before that and drove it until 1996/7.

Last edited:
That is a fairly medium sized car of the day here in the states. We still had full on boats on the road.

'91 Honda Civic Wagovan- 4WD drive with the gimmicky 6-speed.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/05/Honda-Civic_Wagon_1990_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Best car I've ever owned.
Reminds me of
Popemobile_passes_the_White_House.jpg

:p

^ Looks like there was great turnout to see the Pope, eh? :p

This is the only picture that survived of my very first own car (6 more were to follow): A 1979 Opel Ascona 1.3 with 60 HP. It burned down one day and I was heartbroken...

The picture is from 1986.

2928166540_628bd85ec2_b.jpg

This is the only picture that survived of my very first own car (6 more were to follow): A 1979 Opel Ascona 1.3 with 60 HP. It burned down one day and I was heartbroken...

The picture is from 1986.
"Burned down?" What the heck happened?