Smoking tyres

pebblepixie

Good ladies and gentlemen of the Final Gear forums can any of you please show me any close-up pictures of smoking tyres - preferably on some delicious supercar.

This is not to feed some peculiar fetish of mine, I promise. I need some reference images for a piece of art I'm planning.

Honest.:|

This is not to feed some peculiar fetish of mine, I promise.

I don't see anything wrong if it was :mrgreen:

And I thought someone said you couldn't do a burnout in a GT-R... :lol:

From the photo forum, ala 360photographer

2891546712_beb5dfc687_b.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/06/81fairmont.jpg

It's not a supercar, but this is my former 1981 Ford Fairmont station wagon with a 351W. I was testing the newly installed 8.8" Traction Loc differential and the smoking potential of some rather expensive BFGoodrich Radial T/As. :mrgreen:

I still miss this car. I sold it to a friend who installed a fuel injected 302/AOD combo, but has never got it running right...

How do you make a tyre start smoking?

Best way is to line it with wood and carboard, then pour gas over it and light it with a match. Works even on blown tyres.

Or, if you want to smoke them while they're still on your car:
1. go to an empty parking lot without poles
2. put it on full lock
3. floor the accelerator*
4. engage reverse
5. drop the clutch
6. spin around merrily. The smoke will come after a few spins

I suggest you do that before and not after you buy new tyres.

* - if you have a rev limiter

Best way is to line it with wood and carboard, then pour gas over it and light it with a match. Works even on blown tyres.

Or, if you want to smoke them while they're still on your car:
1. go to an empty parking lot without poles
2. put it on full lock
3. floor the accelerator*
4. engage reverse
5. drop the clutch
6. spin around merrily. The smoke will come after a few spins

I suggest you do that before and not after you buy new tyres.

* - if you have a rev limiter

That is a very odd way of doing a burnout....

Just throw 'er in first brake slightly and drop the clutch (manual) or floor the accelerator (auto) and the tires start to spin, aplly the brake more so you don't move... there you have it.

That is a very odd way of doing a burnout....

Just throw 'er in first brake slightly and drop the clutch (manual) or floor the accelerator (auto) and the tires start to spin, aplly the brake more so you don't move... there you have it.

Your method for automatics needs a bit of work - you're soon going to be replacing something much more expensive than tires and bake pads that way.

huh? Who does a reverse burnout anyway?

just rev the nuts off it, dump the clutch, and as soon the wheels start spinning apply the brake so you don't move... (unless you have a FWD car)

oh, and turn off your TC :p