New Look TG Websites launches October 1st

I really like the "stuck together with gaffa tape, written on the back of random scraps of paper" look of the new site.
QUOTE]

Probably how they started off collating their ideas and then realised it would look really good on the website. I really like it too - has a kind of "20 Minutes into the Future" feel to it for those who can remember that far back. As long as they don't start featuring Blipverts we should be safe.

M-m-m-m-m-m-max................

I really really really really really, like this layout. It seems a bit quicker than the old format too!

Ugh - just saw the new layout and I am disappointed.

I am a web developer, and the woodgrain is just the latest trend in web design, which is hardly appropriate for Top Gear.

Also, their bottom container wrapper graphic is broken in FireFox

Trend following at the sake of identity is bad.

I like the games! :D My personal high score at the rocket launch is 3790.01! :)

I like the games! :D My personal high score at the rocket launch is 3790.01! :)

It's addicitve isn't it. I'm determined to crack 4000ft before bedtime!

i like the new site, it's more interactive and user-friendly in this format. plus, the added fun of seeing if the boys respond to your comments! :D

I'm really liking the duct tape/masking tape visuals. The episode guide's use of "the one with..." is very user/viewer friendly, too.

Are the extended clips (uncut news, bits trimmed from the challenges, etc.) now gone from the video section?

Anyone else notice the choice of graphic on the side of the 'Transmission Blog' part of the site?
Out of every iconic symbol, or photo of Top Gear, they managed to put the 'Man Love Rules OK' pick-up.

*guffaws* :wicked:

I really like it.

It's much faster also.

I quite like the look of the new site.

The different themes for the different blogs is especially cool. And I love the idea of having blogs from the Jeremy, Richard and James as well as blogs from Andy. Hopefully, this'll mean that us fans will have more news of upcoming episodes of TG, as well as some interesting reads from our beloved TG men.

Once I get used to the new features and the layout of the site, I'd be rockin'! And yeah, it does load faster. yay!

http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/7645/rroh9.jpg

Sweet

Dins. WHAT. Well, actually, more like: Everyone else above and including Dins, WHAT.
Am I the only one who seems to have gone backwards in the evolutionary scale by not knowing, whatsoever, how to do that silly thing? :blink:

Dins. WHAT. Well, actually, more like: Everyone else above and including Dins, WHAT.
Am I the only one who seems to have gone backwards in the evolutionary scale by not knowing, whatsoever, how to do that silly thing? :blink:

Well, I can manage now to end up between 3000 and 3500 quite consistently, but I haven't figured out how to get beyond that. :(
It is addictive though. Hell, I had plans for this week. :D

Well, I can manage now to end up between 3000 and 3500 quite consistently, but I haven't figured out how to get beyond that. :(
It is addictive though. Hell, I had plans for this week. :D

Uh oh....you seem to have reached your "wall". What you need now is Jackie Stewart showing you the ropes for a day and then you'll be able to knock 20 seconds off your lap time.

http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/7645/rroh9.jpg

Sweet

- Downloaded the flash file
- Decompiled it
- Changed the Scoring system
- Recompiled it
- Got a score of over 9000
- Set up http.Referrer to trick website
- Decided it was a bit mean to hack to the top of the score board...