Possibly the best bodykit install job evar.

I'm amazed that someone with that kind of work can own and run a shop, i'd hate to see what his other work is like.

TWR also made some excellent bodykits for Mazdas:

http://img106.imageshack.**/img106/8518/imgp0810dj2.jpg

:p

BerserkerCatSplat

That sucks - you sir, have my deepest sympathies.

I appreciate your kind words, but I must point out that it was totally not my car, just something I came across on the Internet. :cool:

I don't know how to put a body kit on, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve dry wall screws.

It's impossible to understand those kinds of people. It would turn my stomach to have been responsible for just one of those screws, let alone the pseudo-paintjob and additional damage. We need to start a registry of body shops and accurately rate the jobs that they do. Perhaps it should even be down to the person doing the job, not the owner or the shop name. Those shops always have high turn over and neither you nor the owner can ever seem to really know what's going to happen...

That may not be a bad idea. The shop I deal with is great, one of the best kept secrets in Dallas really.... I take all my work to them - and I have more than the usual amount, what with all my vehicles and projects and my total lack of skill at painting....

Heck, they still have guys on staff that can do leading.

http://www.angieslist.com I used it to find a rockin' shop, and saw enough negative reviews to avoid a certain plumber I was originally going to use. I think you have to pay to be a member now, though...

another epic fail thread. I've heard of bad work but this is completely ridiculous! the screws? the piece of wood? The baaaaaad paintjob? the dents in the door, and the rust (how do you manage to get rust on a relatively new car in a matter of days anyway?

I hope he sues the dude and gets millions... how can anyone do a job like that and still be in business? even for 250$ that's just not cricket

(how do you manage to get rust on a relatively new car in a matter of days anyway?)
Oh that's the easiest thing ever. Leave it outside. If it aint painted it'll rust in an instant.

poor car, it's tough to look at those screws on the door lines.. actually, the bodykit looks like it was drilled on by someone slightly drunk and in a hurry..

In the thread was that he couldn't get hold of the guy working on the body-kit because he was "busy with his homework." How old was this guy?

Ugghh! Looking at those pictures made me feel sick. Poor guy.

My family has recently been the victim of shoddy repair work on my mum's car. We picked it up from a smash repairers last Friday after someone did a hit and run on it in a shopping centre carpark. We used one of the three repairers the insurance company recommended, after they noticed that the other place we got a quote from hadn't quoted for replacing the rubber side protector strip which is so badly rubbed and scuffed it needed to be replaced or for the marks on the back bumper. Anyway I took my mum down to the place which shall remain nameless on Friday and we found...

1) They have used the wrong paint colour and texture on the lower side below the front passenger door. It's obviously a darker shade of green and has a rough surface instead of a smooth, slightly dimpled texture like it is on the other side.

2) Their repair work consisted of sticking this thing which for all the world looks like thick packaging tape and sprayed over that. There's also bits of glue and muck around the inside of the door rim.

3) They hadn't replaced the side protector strip or the damage to the rear bumper, they'd just sprayed some black finish on it which has since washed off in the rain.

4) When we took it home we noticed that the handbrake light was staying on, which also means there's a problem with the brakes. Mum took it to our local European dealer's service centre and then rang me to tell me to pick her up, as the car's not safe to drive. The service centre staff were appalled at the job this repairer had done and have found out the warning light came on because the brake lines to the right side of the car are compromised and leaking brake fluid everywhere. Although we don't think the repair shop is to blame or that as it's on the opposite side of the car. We do have a suspicion that the shop may not have had the car somewhere very secure overnight and in the area its in, a lot of funny business goes on with vandalism. I don't know what caused the damage to the brake lines, as the service centre haven't said - I just hope nothing funny has gone down.

We're understandably pissed, but all of that at least the insurance company is pissed off too for us, but because we had the job done at this place, that's where It'll be going back to, to be fixed properly. But after that, I think they should at least take that smash repairers off the recommended list. :?

Sorry for long post, we're pretty angry down here!

How could anyone, with that level of workmanship, open a bodyshop?? Well I sure hope he gets what he deserves...

Damn... I felt a bit sick when I saw that... so, what can the owner of the 350Z do ...legally... ?

A couple of law school students have given him suggestions in that thread. He can basically say the service was not up to the quality claimed by the body shop, for one thing.

Damn that's bad. Especially for almost $800. Drywall screws, bondo, runs, orange peel, wrong colors, no clearcoat, he even screwed up the body lines by raising that door. I could do a better job out in the street with some duct tape and a hammer.

Moral of the story: Never pay for or sign off on any work to your car until you're 100% satisfied with the job.
Exactly. Don't pay dollar one until you see the finished product. If the shop refuses that deal, go somewhere else.

Damn... I felt a bit sick when I saw that... so, what can the owner of the 350Z do ...legally... ?
Maybe a civil suit, like thevictor390 said, he's got a little ground to stand on. The problem is that he went and paid for the work, which means he 'approved' it.