OH COCK

Getting a flat at 75 (plenty of roads with such speed limits) would be pretty damn dangerous and could easily result in a roll over....

Lowering the speed limit would do absolutely nothing to protect against that. When people are going 20+ mph over, lowering the speed limit isn't going to slow them down. Point is that when you see a deadly accident, it is not usually preventable with a lower limit.

Only straight, wide, visible, easy to navigate autobahns don't have speed limits. Other roads are limited.

Despite the unrestricted autobahns, less people die on German roads then Australian roads. Thats then point im making

doesn't matter what the speedlimit is, if you're going relatively quicky 90 kph/55mph or over, and you get a flat tyre, you're fuckered anyway...

with regards to the german speedlimits, I think it has more to do with the style of driving, and being used to lots of highspeed driving aswell. When you've never been REALLY fast and find yourself in Germany on a derestricted road you may be surprised at how polite most people are. They usually get out of your way if you're noticibly quicker, they indicate long before they move into your lane, and they leave the left lane usually wide open for really fast stuff. It's a breath of relief compared to Belgium, or Holland, where you have fuckers intentionally moving into the fast lane just so you can't pass them. Without indicating of course

I've had a flat when i was going 150km/h.. i heard a "flumpflumpflump" noise and that was it.. Getting a flat at highspeeds isn't dangerous unless you panic and do something stupid

Lowering the speed limit would do absolutely nothing to protect against that. When people are going 20+ mph over, lowering the speed limit isn't going to slow them down. Point is that when you see a deadly accident, it is not usually preventable with a lower limit.
That was pretty much my point, speed limits are useless. In fact the only reason the US has introduced speed limits at some point is to save gas for the war effort. Once they saw the amount of money they made out of speeding tickets they decided to keep them.

I've had a flat when i was going 150km/h.. i heard a "flumpflumpflump" noise and that was it.. Getting a flat at highspeeds isn't dangerous unless you panic and do something stupid

Like floor it?

^Or go like this: :driving:

I've never had a speeding ticket for a number of reasons:
- I don't speed (probably the most successful way to evade a speeding fine)
- I drive a Honda Jazz.
- I've only had my probationary licence two years now - I don't even get my full licence for another year. You can lose your Ps pretty easily, plus I'm clearly not that experienced.
- I definitely can't afford to lose my licence - getting to a gig with amps and guitars is pretty well impossible without a car!

^^^^Aussie rock chick. Yeehaa!!

- I definitely can't afford to lose my licence - getting to a gig with amps and guitars is pretty well impossible without a car!

Be careful so no-one takes a shot at you.. It happened to me.. :blink:
I mean, we weren't THAT bad..

What kind of rifle did you use? It's a long way from NY to Sandviken.. :p

Hey, I'd consider that musical criticism. :p

Or so those idiot rappers from up North tell us. :p

Takes a shot at me!?

:lol: I highly doubt it would happen where I play...I play in a big band and our regular gig is a tiny jazz club where most of the patrons are old enough to be my parents.

Oh well.. It's those moments that makes you feel alive! Or perhaps i should consider a change in my musical direction?