2008 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

I really don't understand how almost every non-brit doesn't like Lewis. Can't we have good drivers from this country?

im a brit and i dont particularly like the boy either.... i just have unexplainably not liked him since day one. its just how he is and how he comes across, i just dont like it. he's rather arrogant and big headed i find, its not the usual british trait.

im usually happy when we finally do good in sport, i was ecstatic with the olympics, but for F1 i couldnt give a shit whether hamilton wins or loses, i like to see other drivers like alonso and kimi do well.

while drivers like Alonso are driving 2nd-rate cars.

His own fault dont forget...he could've walked this years championship :rolleyes:.

I was making excuses for Kovalainen at the start of the year, but it's clear now that he just isn't cutting it in one of the best cars on the grid. McLaren will keep him for 2009, but they should be looking at prying Sebastian Vettel out of his Red Bull (or BMW, I forget) contract for 2010. Failing that, then I'm sure Nico Rosberg wouldn't mind the chance at a competitive car. McLaren dont need so much as a driver to challenge Hamilton, but they need someone to take the fight to the Ferraris and take points away from them, which Kovalainen is unable to do.

Last edited:
When I woke up I saw a McLaren in the garage and got all excited but, then I realized that it was kovaleinen... :(

I was really hoping for Deushilton to spin out but alas it didn't happen.

The boys (Ferrari) I felt could've pushed harder but their car was clearly not as quick. Hopefully, they get it all dialed in right for Brazil and Massa will have his championship!

I'm ready to see a repeat of last year! :lol:

There's no need for shit like this. If you don't like Lewis, keep it to your fucking self. Or just say you don't like him, there no need to be a dick. :mad:

And the championship isn't his, he needs Lewis to have a nightmare in Brazil to get it. You won't see a repeat of last year, because Kimi can't win...

^ A lot of folks in the States say the same thing about Jeff Gordon - there are always huge cheers when he has a bad day.

There were simply too many Ferrari fans to hear it when michael schumaker had a bad day, but I'm sure there were people cheering the few times it happened.

Last edited:
You're in America, and there aren't any American drivers, so why should you be biased against one particular country?

Sorry, thought you were anti-Lewis. I did say most non Brits, nice that he has some overseas support. :)

Last edited:
Red_Bull's from Australia and has Lewis Hamilton in his signature, so I suppose that counts.

Yawn. Wish I went sailing instead of watching this race. However I do agree, it was good to see a proper race with no farcical penalties. And was good to see hamilton win! Hekki unlucky. Constructors is as good as ferraris now.

There's no need for shit like this. If you don't like Lewis, keep it to your fucking self. Or just say you don't like him, there no need to be a dick. :mad:

And the championship isn't his, he needs Lewis to have a nightmare in Brazil to get it. You won't see a repeat of last year, because Kimi can't win...

I'd rather not.

Hamilton = dick therefore cellos88gt = dick.

He's a good driver but, his arrogance is so obnoxious that it deafens his skill as a driver.

As for Brazil, we should remind ourselves who won the last two years...

Haha, it doesnt matter who wins, even if he comes in first all sennilton has to do is place 5th or better.

If i were him i'd take it easy on the car, adopt the most casual drive in his history, and rub it in ferrari's faces.

Who the hell cares about the constructors championship, honestly?

Who the hell cares about the constructors championship, honestly?

I do, because it shows who the superior constructor is. McLaren can't even hold a flame to Ferrari's inferno.

I bet you when Lewis wins the championship in 2 weeks we'l never hear from cellos again...

On another note:
Did anyone else notice that Massa was running the shark fin in China, and Kimi wasn't? Why on earth would they do that?

I do, because it shows who the superior constructor is. McLaren can't even hold a flame to Ferrari's inferno.

You're ignoring the important part of my post, the part where massa is almost certain to lose no matter how perfectly everything goes for him? I mean i know its a strech, he'll have to keep up with the likes of vettel and piquet to win the WC :D

Last edited:
Way to go Lewis! :) As, there seems to be too much Hamilton-hate around here, I won't comment more.

I'd just like to point out, again, that F1 needs more drivers like him. We need to see more crashes and stupid penalties and aggressive overtaking, because that is what racing is about and most importantly it is attractive for us, the viewers, and gives the fan boys something to talk about.

I'd just like to point out, again, that F1 needs more drivers like him. We need to see more ....... aggressive overtaking, because that is what racing is about and most importantly it is attractive for us, the viewers,

I agree with that part. I actually love Hamilton's driving stlye and his agressive attitude, I'm just not happy when he wins. ;) Like some people here said, I don't like him because of his off-track behaviour, but I don't feel hatred towards him.

Way to go Lewis! :) As, there seems to be too much Hamilton-hate around here, I won't comment more.

I'd just like to point out, again, that F1 needs more drivers like him. We need to see more crashes and stupid penalties and aggressive overtaking, because that is what racing is about and most importantly it is attractive for us, the viewers, and gives the fan boys something to talk about.

I like you;)

cellos88gt = dick.

The first truth you've spoken on any forums. I'd give you + rep for that.

--

As for the race, Lewis basically put on a clinic, cellos88gt squirmed, puts a smile on my face, that's about it.

Too bad about Heikki, the blame for the loss of the WCC falls acutely on his head.

I like the track, Shanghai, but the race was just boring :\.

I'd like to see the footage of Hamilton being arrogant and obnoxious, because we never see it in the UK. Anyway, remember a certain German in the sport a couple of years back was far, far worse than Lewis. I see Lewis as confident, nothing more.

I'd rather not.

Are you sure? We're not taking what you say seriously anyway.

I haven't been following the F1 threads throughout the season, but has this guy been like this for every race? Bet it's really grating now.

I bet you when Lewis wins the championship in 2 weeks we'l never hear from cellos again...

On another note:
Did anyone else notice that Massa was running the shark fin in China, and Kimi wasn't? Why on earth would they do that?

no i didnt notice... who knows? maybe kimi just likes the car without it and massa needs all the help he can get? who knows