TopGear.com USA

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo an exclusive! We're moving up in the world as a community :D Next i demand interviews! The site is well on its way to becoming the worldwide "(Blank)-Gear portal". Congrats!

I wonder if this will be the site for the NBC version as well? Anyway thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if this will be the site for the NBC version as well? Anyway thanks for the heads up.

My guess is NBC will have their own site, but there will also be a part of TG.com dedicated to it. NBC probably wants some control of their own plus bureaucracy.

I was wondering if some of the new changes to TopGear's web presence were driven by some funding from NBC if the the BBC version and NBC version were going to share some content.:blink:

I just hope that it has the content that TGUK's site does. these days websites like to add alot of extra buttons just for looks it seems as most of the time they all lead to the same place. NBC needs to stay openminded.

OOOH, they need to link to this website, this could be the official forum!...that would be cool.

The 'BBC' version (equivalent to any NBC version) would be at bbc.co.uk/topgear - the one you see at topgear.com is the BBC Worldwide version.

I know it sounds like semantics but it does make a VERY big difference politically and economically.

The actual website for the British show Top Gear as shown on BBC 2 is at bbc.co.uk/topgear and the website for the British brand of Top Gear (including the show on BBC 2, BBC THREE and DAVE as well as the magazine, books and merchandising) is at topgear.com.

So I imagine NBC will have a Top Gear microsite within their own domain in the same way the BBC does (except the BBC has to because it can't link to topgear.com for political reasons).

I just hope that it has the content that TGUK's site does.

Word is they will be sharing content, especially the videos.

OOOH, they need to link to this website, this could be the official forum!...that would be cool.

They have their own forums and I doubt they'd ever link to our site. As much as they like us, they want the traffic. ;)

No flash at work makes me a sad panda.

Having actually looked at the site properly now I think I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick at first - it seems that this is an American version of the topgear.com site for the British Top Gear show - doesn't seem to be anything about Gear?

Lots of adverts for BBC Worldwide, presenter bios for the British TG 3 etc... I thought at first it would be about the American version of the show (is that still happening/happened?)

It would be nice if, when they repost old blog entries (Rocket Men, for instance), that they remember not to cut off the last line. :p

I wish they'd carry over the blogs and such from the UK version. I don't like having to switch back and forth to read Tom Ford.

I don't mind that they are doing an American Top Gear, I just don't want to give up my original. I like the british show and the british web sites and the british magazine. Once the American show airs, are they still going to keep the original on BBCA? I'm new to Top Gear, love it, and am not ready for it to be changed! I don't want Top Gear with an American twist - I want regular old Top Gear. What are the odds of that happening?

Yep, the site has apparently gone dead. The UK Top Gear site is also dead.

Is it being bludgeoned with traffic? Hard to believe enough people know about this to flood the site.. maybe they're just having technical difficulties updating the website?

Anyway, I'm actually excited for the US Top Gear show. Adam Corolla has always been hilarious at whatever he does, and I hear his radio show in the morning from time to time. It will most likely not match the UK version, but they will each have their own style.

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #6.4648150c.1224531150.23ee6e21

:x Thanks for getting my hopes up...and then crushing them like a ragdoll.