My replacement for the Alero...

Put on new mufflers and tips on the car. Never knew a 3.8 could sound so good with better flowing mufflers. Pure sex at this point.

Nice, the GTPs are nice cars. Now you'll just have to find the buffoon who balanced the tires and set him straight.

Nice, the GTPs are nice cars. Now you'll just have to find the buffoon who balanced the tires and set him straight.

I'll be seeing who can refinish them. I like these rims and it is a shame that they are in poor shape.

Last week I went one last time to drag race the car with the mufflers and a 180-Tstat. My thermostat stuck open and I inadvertently replaced it with a 180 instead of a 195. Best thing I ever did. Track was 8 celsius in the morning and maxed out at 12 celsius. I ran my personal best of 14.4101 @ 94.67 mph with the subwoofers removed, driver's side headlight out, and myself being down 20 pounds since the last time I went racing. There was also a Pontiac bracket class that day which I won. Pretty happy about that actually.

:burnrubber: You do a great service for all us SC 3800 owners.:+1:

Thanks Punisher Bass. I should sometime get a video of the exhaust sound now.

Here you go Punisher Bass. Supercharged V6 through a pair of Magnaflows.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
Here you go Punisher Bass. Supercharged V8 V6 through a pair of Magnaflows.

Fixed that for you. :p

If my Buick was only a few years younger, I'd be looking into various power adders as well.

:lol: oh my. I had a V8 stuck in my head for some reason :lol:.

you stupid fuck, whjat are you thinking? 3 incvh exhaust?!? a 435hp V12 vantage has 2 inch exhaust!! and how does that car sound, mother fucking great, thats how. Why don't you stick to the smaller and more beautiiful exhaust and then you won't have to continue the cultural de[ressopm that is overtly large exhaust pipes. Ficl honda "tuners"!

There's always one in the crowd. I don't know whether you are serious or sarcastic.

not sure either, i knew i posted something else when i was drunk. Sorry about that, but at the same time, i was being honest a little bit. I have looked at a V12 vantage and they do have duel 2 inch, maybe 2.25 inch pipes (keep in mind how good those cars sound). More to the point, a Top Fuel dragster uses a 2.75 inch pipe for each 1000hp it produces (7500-8000hp, 8 pipes)

Large pipes honestly don't sound good, feel free to get some nice headers, stainless mandrel exhaust, etc, but large pipes really are just being dumb for the sake of fitting into misguided pop culture.

Car looks nice though!

I've never really had a chance to hear what a OHV V6 sounds like.
It is so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend it :p. A supercharged GM 3.8 V6 is a highway-mile-eater like almost no other.

you stupid fuck, whjat are you thinking?
:lmao: Your sarcastic ass needs to quit posting on here drunk. I ran a 3.5" single on a NA 350 SBC. I'm sure that a 3" or so is fine for a 3.8L forced induction engine.

I never replaced the piping. Stock piping is 2.25 in and it actually chokes the L32 supercharged V6. A downpipe and headers alone open up huge gains. The muffler ins and outs are 2.5 in and the tips are 3 in because they fill the hole in the bumper nicely.

3 in exhaust is actually highly recommended on these cars since they run the exact same exhaust and manifolds as the N/A 3.8 L engine.

New sound for the Grand Prix...yeah I'm in love whenever I hear it:

Gutted stock airbox with an Amsoil cone filter.

Those stock air boxes are horribly restrictive. Sounds good, but if you go to a cold air system and eliminate that stock box it will sound even better. :shifty:

Those stock air boxes are horribly restrictive. Sounds good, but if you go to a cold air system and eliminate that stock box it will sound even better. :shifty:

It is not restrictive after I got finished with it ;). I got rid of most of the plastic and modified it to accept a cone filter. Remember, I'm still on a stock pulley :p.

One of you two needs to show me how to do that.