Clarkson: Sat Nag? Can't wait to hear Jeremy's reaction to this....

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Just came across this on the Telegraph website:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...ll-tell-drivers-off-for-poor-performance.html

While it probably should go in the General Automotive section, I thought it would be interesting to speculate on what the boys but Jeremy in particular will say about it in a forthcoming News section.

My guess would be they suggest using James' voice for the nagging bit "A gentleman wouldn't have taken that last bend so fast...."

No Idea what TG will make of this, but generally I don?t really see the problem ... it gives you a target ... get your sat-nav shouting at you when drifting in a roundabout or hear it scream in panic when you enter the highway the wrong way :mrgreen:

Reminds me of a line from Hammond's new book that I started reading today:

"Scream in a public library and everyone tells you to shush, do it on an aeroplane and they all join in!"

Who would buy that? MAAAAAYBE parents with sticks up their asses for stupid kids who get lost but other than that i can't seem to think of a market for this. Maybe drunk drivers who want to be told when they are weaving.

I bought a Sat Nag for my husband's birthday. It was from a website www.iwantoneofthose.com. It looks like a satnav but you just press a button and a female voice says things like "In 100 metres I'm going to talk to you in that special voice that lets you know you've upset me in some way that is bound to be your fault". There are loads of different messages.

My husband views it with grim amusement.

If that sat=nag was a actual person i would punch them in the face and eat their heart. Curry sauce includedb

such a system would cause me to throw it away and get lost somewhere on purpose