Some PROVEN GTR performance stats

Nocturnal

Car(s)
'88 Toyota MR2 NA + '92 Mazda RX7 FD
These were taken from a MKIV Supra owners club day held at Santa Pod raceway over the weekend. The GTR is owned by a chap called Jurgen (Jurgen Imports), and is completely stock. On top of that, he's only had the car a week, and is far from a drag racer (as you will be able to tell with the reaction and 60ft times.

Whats more, these times were performed from an idle start, i.e. no launch control, no built-up revs. I have it on good authority (a few friends who were there, and a 47-page thread on the MKIV Supra owners club) that these runs were consistent throughout the day, and the above about the idle start is true.

gtrslop22.jpg

The best 0-60 time he achieved was 2.88 seconds. Though that is on a semi-prepared drag-strip (as in, it has been prepared previously for the V8 nationals and bike series the week before), that is still on street tyres.

Just goes to show, you can still drive the car fast without voiding Nissan's warranty.

was this the jap car show at santa-pod the other week?

man i so wanted to go to that, but my house mates decided not to go because of rain (in lboro it was tossing down)

but i guess if they ran on the strip that the weather wasnt too shabby

Sorry for the kinda stupid question, but is there any figure on that ticket that says he did 0-60 in 2.88? Not that I'm doubting the figure whatsoever, it's just that when that picture will be used as an argument for the GT-R (and I suppose it will), this question might come up.

Otis - No, I believe at this time of year that will have been the 'Jap Show Finale'. This was essentially a test & tune day for the MKIV Supra OC and friends.

Interceptor - You're right, actually, I hadn't noticed. Looking through the thread, it seems the 0-60 is calculated based on other times on the time slip.

I doubt it did 0-60mph in 2.88 sec with a 2.0 60ft time... A GTR using launch control on a drag prepped strip will do 1.7 60 foot times which would equate to IMO, 0-60mph in around low to mid 3's.

Reaction time .48, doesnt that mean he redlighted?

I think it takes .5 to get to that point in perfect conditions.

No. You can have 0.00000000000000000000001 reaction and you won't red light. The reaction time is simply the amount of time it took his front wheels to pass the beam after the green light had gone. When you are drag racing, you should actually start to go when your eyes see the last double yellow lights. It's actually quite an art.

They haven't used the .500 'perfect light' timing in years.

.000 is a perfect launch, so for him to do a .488 means he was sleeping on the line...

Damned impressive performance from that car though. Even with the horrible start it does a 11.9 :mrgreen:

They haven't used the .500 'perfect light' timing in years.

.000 is a perfect launch, so for him to do a .488 means he was sleeping on the line...

Damned impressive performance from that car though. Even with the horrible start it does a 11.9 :mrgreen:

This is an important point. When looking at this car purely from a drag racing point of view, it is said that every 0.1 second off your 60ft time is roughly equal to 0.3 seconds by the finish line. So if he can get the 60fts down to say 1.7, then that's roughly 0.9 seconds off the ET, meaning a possible 10 second pass!

The timers only start when you break the beam though so the reaction time is irrelevant, unless by poor start you mean no launch controlled. Also drag times are always faster than "actual" times due to "roll out", the actual timing beams aren't from zero. A fast car is doing 5-10km/h before they even break the beam, not much but in a car as fast as the GT-R will probably be about 3/4tenths of a second.

That said a car in Australia ran 12.2 with the limiter still on which it hit about the 340m mark so regardless the GT-R is probably a mid 11 second car.

The timers only start when you break the beam though so the reaction time is irrelevant, unless by poor start you mean no launch controlled. Also drag times are always faster than "actual" times due to "roll out", the actual timing beams aren't from zero. A fast car is doing 5-10km/h before they even break the beam, not much but in a car as fast as the GT-R will probably be about 3/4tenths of a second.

That said a car in Australia ran 12.2 with the limiter still on which it hit about the 340m mark so regardless the GT-R is probably a mid 11 second car.

The 9 bajillion clips on the net of stock GTRs doing the quarter mile will tell you it is indeed a mid 11 sec car. In some cases even nudging the lower 11 sec bracket.

The figure for the quarter mile seems believable, since the Porsche 997 Turbo, which has about the same amount of power but a slightly better power to weight ratio, does the quarter mile in 11.4 seconds according to this source: http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.ph...5844a79f19&car2=4717b80e35715&excludewet=true

I don't believe the 0-60 time of the GT-R, though. 2.8 seconds is Gumpert Apollo territory. Not likely.

Last edited:
No 0-60 in 2.8 seconds with a 2.0s 60' time, not happening. Car is really well setup for drag racing though.

what a shitty 60' time...

the 1/4 time is impressive but, I still don't want that car anymore...

As I've said folks, the owner is far from a drag racer. He's already been 'abused' for the 60ft/reaction times by everyone else. :D

Sounds about right. ZR1's are running around the 11.2 range so far, as stock.