Abandoned AN-8 found in Russia

12.jpg

"Lost in the woods"

RIGHT NEXT TO A FRIKKIN PARKING SPACE where a tiny hatchback can get. Russians... :D
I love the abandoned galleries on ER, it is just such a cool sight :D

On a side note: Due to some comments it looks like this plane is on military training ground and has been towed there from the road nearby and is used for training around airplanes...

I prefer the lost helipcopter:

One Russian hunter went for a hunt deep in Russian woods and found a small (just 1 building) abandoned military place with a glorious abandoned military helicopter.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I see what could have been a runway, but the plane is pointing the wrong direction... looks like they wanted to take off and then decided not to bother...

I think you just summed up Russia in general.

I think it can very well be a crash landing, or an emergency landing to be specific. You can see in the first picture there seems to be the remains of a runway. So my guess is that the plane has indeed made an emergency landing and has been left there, perhaps it is broken somehow, ran out of fuel and therefore was unable to fly again....dunno. And in 50 years those trees, mostly pine and birch, grow eeeeeasily that tall.

Agreed, looks like an overshoot into the heavier trees at the end of the strip. The open runway looks really short though.

A mystery for sure, would be interested to know what actually happened.

Does the girl come with the helicopter? If so...JACKPOT!! :D

No. She's merely a serving suggestion.

I'll bet you're disappointed when you open your box of Pop-Tarts and don't find any loose fruit inside, like the picture on the box shows. :rolleyes:

:lol: j/k

Impressive, yes, but everyone knows exactly where they are. Imagine walking through the woods and just being like "Oh wow, a fully intact military aircraft."

yeah, there is lots of wood, and the plane is in the middle, what else do you want? :mrgreen:

but considering where it turns out to be, it?s in remarkably good shape, doesn?t look like it?s been vandalised by stupid children or anything...