Europe's "most stupid road sign"

http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/4933/2079medt1.jpg

ATTENTION - This road takes a bend to limit visibility on the intersection.

I wonder why these signs were not nominated...

2984535056_37e5041890_o.jpg

2984535058_882285238d_o.jpg

2984535060_06a3351f9a_o.jpg

How much snow + ice do you really get in Dallas? :)

Snow around 1-2in and it last like 24 hours at most, Ice 10 days a year or so

People dont really understand roundabouts here. Got one at a mall near me and you can see people set there for 5minutes wondering if its their time to go or not.

Studded tyres = no problem with ice.

Of course if you get less than 6 months of ice in a year they can be bit expensive...
Are those even legal in US?

get a decent rust protection...

From what I've heard from Canada, even that's just putting off the inevitable. Even Mercedes S-classes will eventually rust through in areas where they use salt.

In fact, that was one of the initial barriers to acceptance for import cars here - they'd rust through quickly. The big domestic cars wouldn't because they were made from thicker steel. It wasn't that they wouldn't rust through, it was that it would take decades for even salt-assisted rust to chew through that thickness of steel.

How much snow + ice do you really get in Dallas? :)

Snow around 1-2in and it last like 24 hours at most, Ice 10 days a year or so

Yeah, but we also get those "3" of ice in 3 hours" storms. We also have bridges that freeze over on a nightly basis, etc., etc. I'd say that we get ice for about 20-25 days a year and snow about three or four times a year, lasting 48 hours or so.

Studded tyres = no problem with ice.

Of course if you get less than 6 months of ice in a year they can be bit expensive...
Are those even legal in US?

Studded tires are not regulated at the Federal level. Some states ban them on public highways, others allow them if the snow is over a certain depth, others don't regulate them at all.

Snow tires in Texas don't make economic sense here, because you'd end up changing them back and forth every couple of days in the winter.

Last edited:
Then get rid of black ice. As soon as those conditions approach (low temps, high humidity), start spraying sand and salt on the roads. Works in the rest of the world.

We do, and still get it. Salt only works so well and sand has a bad habit of making things worse.

get a decent rust protection...

Most rust starts on interior surfaces where you can't spray rust protection.

From what I've heard from Canada, even that's just putting off the inevitable. Even Mercedes S-classes will eventually rust through in areas where they use salt.
Mercedes are notorious offenders since they did not rust proof their cars at all from about 1995-2005. Ruined their entire brand reputation here in Salty Scandinavia.
Most rust starts on interior surfaces where you can't spray rust protection.
Any surface and cavity can be sprayed with rust proofing.

Mah Lolvo is turning 20 next winter and she has no rust at all..

How is this confusing?

http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/4933/2079medt1.jpg

Trans-sexual???? :?

Roundabout + black ice + snow/sleet + night = lots of crashes.

We have two in the local area that I know of and every time we have the above conditions, there's always an accident there.

If peeps can't or won't slow down, they deserve to crash. I live in a state where it snows or the road simply freezes over on a regular basis for 4 or 5 months a year. It amazes me at how many dumb-asses end up spinning out when all they need to do is slow down. It is even more amazing at how many of those are 4wd SUVs. I have been driving for 24 years and have never put a car in a ditch or spun out on a road during winter.

If peeps can't or won't slow down, they deserve to crash. I live in a state where it snows or the road simply freezes over on a regular basis for 4 or 5 months a year. It amazes me at how many dumb-asses end up spinning out when all they need to do is slow down. It is even more amazing at how many of those are 4wd SUVs. I have been driving for 24 years and have never put a car in a ditch or spun out on a road during winter.
In my experience AWD drivers tend to suck a lot more in the snow than 2WD drivers, simply because they think AWD is going to save them. Most people also don't understand tires and braking, AWD helps but if you are running M+S tires in the snow you are not getting much traction regardless. Main problem is people not understanding braking, you might have the grip to go around the corner faster in an AWD than a 2WD but it won't help when you are braking.

In fact, that was one of the initial barriers to acceptance for import cars here - they'd rust through quickly. The big domestic cars wouldn't because they were made from thicker steel. It wasn't that they wouldn't rust through, it was that it would take decades for even salt-assisted rust to chew through that thickness of steel.

I'm sure you know about Waxoyl. Use it, and lots of it, and you'll never get rust. Moisture just cannot get through to the metal.

We just got a bunch of round abouts but no one actually knows how to use em (except me), so there is always almost a crash when i approach it. And there are gey motorcycle cops around there during the hours of 7am to 6pm, so when i drive by em, i cant drive quickly.

That said, I think the stupidest signs are the digital ones that just read "caution caution caution", like the one on the 580 to Oakland.

We just got a bunch of round abouts but no one actually knows how to use em (except me), so there is always almost a crash when i approach it. And there are gey motorcycle cops around there during the hours of 7am to 6pm, so when i drive by em, i cant drive quickly.

That said, I think the stupidest signs are the digital ones that just read "caution caution caution", like the one on the 580 to Oakland.

Its much better when they say "sign under test" for like the past 2 years on BQE here.

:roflmao::rofl::lol: