[12x02] November 9th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May travel to the US to take three new generation muscle cars on an epic road trip from San Francisco to the heart of Utah. And after the excitement of their last American road trip, this time they do their best to avoid letting a mob of angry locals pelt them with rocks. Meanwhile, back in the UK Jeremy tests the feisty new Fiat 500 Abarth and pop idol Will Young is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

I really love that Abrath 500 and the American Muscle looks good. Not sure about will Young though.

I really love that Abrath 500 and the American Muscle looks good. Not sure about will Young though.

With you on that one. Can't stand the bloke, but then I said as much about James Blunt and he was a surprisingly entertaining guest.

Gives me an idea 'though......

Will Young might be ok - he is quite funny when he's interviewed generally.

Bleh on Will Young.

Huzzah to the rest of it.

I'm looking forward to the Fiat 500 Abarth, Clarkson said it was better than the Twingo sport thing in the Times so it must be pretty good.

-Soup?, not a fan of the fiat 500 but prepared to change his mind.

And he'll be competing with Alan Carr and Stephen Fry for the title of "Top Gear's Fastest Queen". (As far as I know every other SIARPC is straight anyway.)

i can not wait for clarkson comments on ZR1. ZR1 is officially second and third fastest lap holder for the Ring.
led by Viper ACR another american.

SIARPC and fiat 500 means its not a dedicated american episode.

Sounds great but did they really need to include the Fiat and SIARPC segments?

I imagine the episode format will be similar to the SLR/boat race: first 15 minutes will the the boys in the US, 5-ish minutes for the news, Fiat 500 Abarth review and lap, SIARPC, then the rest of the time dedicated to the muscle car special.

So the vast majority of the episode is still about the muscle cars, but it gets broken up as not to feel long and drawn-out.

Argument between Jezza and Hamster about new muscle cars would be great. And I'm curious of Clarkson's opinion of 500 Abarth.

Hopefully they won't make us look like a bunch of inbreds this time...

I'd back our worst against yours any day - only thing is they are not were not armed, well they are now so yes I'd back them in any disagreement. A bit too sneaky for your blokes.

/EDIT I am really looking forward to this show - last weeks was a bit, er, ... too juvenile for me. This show looks really great a return to top form I hope.

Last edited:
Hopefully they won't make us look like a bunch of inbreds this time...

They are testing American muscle cars, so who knows? Though I know the website adored the ZR-1, and you know Hamster is a bit biased toward the inbreed American cars.

I bet it'll be a good segment.

we know what they'll say

Clarkson: It's great but the ride quality is HIDEOUS EWW!
Hammond: looks good and goes fast in a straight line
May: Here comes captain slow

looking forward to it

I wonder if 500 Abarth will be with optional esse esse package ( 160 bhp ), then it would be a real threat to Mini Cooper S.

Status
Not open for further replies.