2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

Lewis is struggling...that's not good...keeps locking up and the back end is nervous...

@vik: Nope, Peter Windsor just confirmed my thoughts, the Camera is definitely at his mouth level, at the bottom of his helmet haha. This has been the only thing Peter Windsor has been good for, all year :p

The f1 stream i'm watching is driving me crazy. It's lagging and jerky. It was perfectly fine during Practice 1 though. :\

Lol :p...but tbh i think slicks will be really good for Lewis, show his strengths even more...but McLaren has to work on why they are locking up all the time, cause Kovi has the same thing...

Yeah...he does that...:p

Lewis had to abandon his last hotlap cause he spent the first 100m locking up...I wonder what happened cause they seemed to have solved the problem and now it's back...

Yeah...he does that...:p

Lewis had to abandon his last hotlap cause he spent the first 100m locking up...I wonder what happened cause they seemed to have solved the problem and now it's back...

Could be something with the new aeropack?

Maybe...after all, against common belief, downforce is almost important while braking as cornering...

The McLaren guys seem to be confident though so I'm happy...

LEWIS HAMILTON

"Our car was blindingly quick this morning despite the cold weather, which made the track feel quite slippery. This afternoon we focused on our race pace - but we were interrupted by the threat of rain and the changeable wind direction. I flat-spotted my tyres on a couple of runs, but I?m positive that the changes we?ve made will put us in a good position for tomorrow."

HEIKKI KOVALAINEN

"A decent Friday practice session and we now have a good understanding of tyre performance following our comparison work and evaluation. We were fine-tuning the balance of the car all the time and the outcome makes me happy, although this isn?t reflected in the fastest lap times. So we?ve found a good baseline to work on for the rest of the weekend."

RON DENNIS

"Today was a slightly tricky day for many of the teams - with graining, particularly of the option tyre, a particular problem with the less-than-optimal track temperatures caused by the inclement weather conditions. In fact, we suspect that some teams may have dropped their fuel loads in an effort to nullify that problem, but we didn't. Instead we adhered to a disciplined programme, all the while assessing our raceable options. We made steady progress with our understanding of the available downforce levels, tyre choices and brake materials, and we feel confident that the lessons we learned today will pay dividends on Sunday."

NORBERT HAUG

"This were certainly not one of the better 2008 Friday?s rankings for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. But I doubt whether today?s order represents Sunday?s competitive situation. We had a conservative approach to the afternoon session to simulate extremes that can take place during the race on Sunday. But of course we still have to optimise both cars. I am confident we can qualify tomorrow in positions that enable us to score the necessary points on Sunday."

http://www.mclaren.com/f1season/2008/brazil/index.php

Go Fred!!!!!!

I have that stream bookmarked but can never figure out when practice is actually on!!!

Tough luck for Red Bull Racing

Grand Prix Fridays are always a little thankless when it comes to on-track stories, and anyone reading too much into the timesheets is in danger of setting themselves up for a fall tomorrow.

But there was one particularly eye-catching car on track, and for more that one reason. David Coulthard, in his final Grand Prix, was sporting a special one-off white livery to raise awareness for the Wings for Life charity, but it wasn't that attracting the most attention. Instead, it was the helmet camera, which gave as close to a driver-eye-view as you will ever get of the cockpit of a Grand Prix car.

Although far from a new innovation for racing coverage - the defunct Champ Car World Series dabbled with helmet cams a good six years ago for example - it is the first time one has been used in F1. Expect some spectacular images come the race on Sunday afternoon.

You could capture some pretty spectacular footage away from the track too. Sao Paulo taxi drivers are a very special breed and the majority have clearly spent a little too long cheering the heroics of Ayrton Senna and Felipe Massa over the years.

So give them the chance to demonstrate their skills to anyone connected to F1 and before you know it you've got an understeering FIAT Siena three-wheeling towards a wall. Unfortunately, they are not the sort of cars to encourage spectacular oversteer, at least other than of the lift-off variety.

The drivers are also very competitive. Cut one up, and there's every chance you will initiate a long-running pitched battle even if they have customers on board! Then again, given F1's last stop was Shanghai, you can't be too critical of the road manners of the Paulistas who at least have respect for some of the rules of the road.

Back in the paddock, there was one big story which was doing the rounds, albeit one which you can't imagine having a big influence on the destiny of the drivers' championship. At each race, Red Bull assemble a line-up of young ladies - called the Formula Unas - who fight it out for the crown of the Formula Una of each Grand Prix.

Here, the 18 "national champions" are all invited to attend what is called "the final party of the year". Inevitably, given that the girls are chosen for the usual reasons they are chosen in Formula One - the main criterion is certainly clear for all to see - they attract plenty of interest among the assembled media.

But the star of Brazil has been Montreal's Formula Una - better known as 19-year-old Katrina Lesko. As a Canadian, she needs a visa to be allowed into Brazil, and as such Red Bull informed her that she should get her paperwork sorted to make sure she could make it to Interlagos.

She diligently worked through the paperwork, and when she transferred in Washington on Wednesday was asked to present her visa.

Unusually for this kind of travel document, it was plastic and around 5.5 cm x 8.5 cm with a little hologram in the corner. You can guess what type of visa Kartrina had applied for - certainly not the type that carries much weight with the average immigration officer.

Unsurprisingly, Katrina didn't make it to Sao Paulo. Rumours that she consoled herself by going on a shopping spree have yet to be confirmed.

From Autosport

It seriously took me a couple of minutes to work out the funny in that; I honestly couldn't comprehend the stupidity behind that. At least she has the looks to back it up.

Does anyone have any FP3 streaming links? Thanks