Favorite cheap car challenge?

Favorite cheap car challenge?

• Total voters

KevinE

I still like the first ?100 car challenge the best, but what was your favorite?

This is kind of a repost with a couple of extras thrown in........

dude sometimes its good to start a new thread, dont lock a topic because a similar one was made 3 years ago or sumting

Sumting?? First off, use a proper word - we like that around here...

All we ask is that users search before creating a new thread - it's not hard and in this case would reveal the exact same question posed only a couple of months ago:

http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/your-favourite-buy-a-car-for-x-pounds-challenge-29886/

Search first, post second. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
I was going to say it need updating everytime a new cheap car challenge came along, but there's an 'other' option so I guess I'll be using that.

So many choices - all smashing. I went for the Italian Supercars challenge. They were all rubbish in their own ways, but Jeremy's was rubbish on a whole new level of rubbishness.

Oh man, soo many choices. I don't think I can choose my favourite. :?

Technically the Africa and America specials were cheap car challenges as well, but I wouldn't think of them in the same category. Without those I'd probably go for the Lorry challenge. I did thoroughly enjoy last week's episode, much better start than season 11.

I think it might be a bit unfair to throw the specials (africa, america) into the mix of films that are about 12 minutes each. Even so, I think I'll go with the Italian supercars.

You see these two hundred thousand pound supercars and just start to fantasize what it'd be like to own one. Then you see these ads in car mags for older supercars, mind you they're still supercars, and start to think this fantasy could be a reality. It brings that fantasy to within arm's reach. We could all be Ferrari and Lambo drivers!

And the Italian supercar challenge touches upon this very thing and rather than letting us make the mistake of buying into the fantasy, TG dives in on our behalf and puts a reality check on the whole idea.

Although it doesn't destroy the fantasy. I still look at those ads and think how I might find the cash to get one.

I chose the African challenge, it's by far the best of the 'cheap' challenges. The USA one was very good too.

I do agree though that you can't really categorise them as 'cheap car challenges', despite the fact they were kind of based on that premise. I think you'd have to choose from the ones where they have the scoreboard etc at the end, and have to do things for points, rather than drive from point A to point B.

Ignoring the America/Africa 'super challenges', the 10,000 pound supercars would get my vote.

The first few were the best, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Africa special.