Windows 3.x Reaches End Of Life

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Dang, I guess I finally have to take the plunge and move up to Windows 95 :( Is it still as buggy as everyone was saying?

Dang, I guess I finally have to...move up to Windows 95 :( Is it still as buggy as everyone was saying?

Yup.

Wait 'til you get to ME.

The company I work for still uses DOS and Windows 3.11 in all 100+ stores.

One of its more glamorous uses as an embedded operating system is to power the in-flight entertainment systems on some Virgin and Qantas long-haul jets.

Well that explains why the Qantas inflight entertainment is always stuffed.

Right when it was starting to make its comeback too! Too bad ;)

I liked 3.1. Holds a lot of sweet memories for me. Was a quiet childhood.....

Well say what you want about Micro$oft, but they seem to support their programs for an awful long time.
I heard that even XP (which everyone uses) will still be supported for aaaaaages...

I've gone from 3.11 to 95 to 98 to ME and then finally XP.
Since Vista sucks (tried it with a mate of mine on an ?ber powerful PC and was not impressed) I think i'll wait until the next one...

Man. We had an old laptop with 3.1 on it. It had the original Leisure Suit Larry too! Legendary game.

Also, amusingly, Leisure Suit Larry is the only time I have ever come across a system which, when it asks for your birthdate - if you enter something like 1910, it says 'No You're Not!' and quits. All the modern ones will accept it.

Man. We had an old laptop with 3.1 on it. It had the original Leisure Suit Larry too! Legendary game.

Also, amusingly, Leisure Suit Larry is the only time I have ever come across a system which, when it asks for your birthdate - if you enter something like 1910, it says 'No You're Not!' and quits. All the modern ones will accept it.

one of the later ones used to ask pop culture questions like finish this 70's song and stuff like that

I never really used 3.X. First family computer was Windows 95, and although I had a cousin with a 3.X comp we just used it for some random game.

Oh thank god I thought you said Windows NT 3.01 I thought I was screwed there for a moment.

What is Microsoft doing!!! I finally saved up to buy a vga card and now I have to waste $800 on a 2gb hard drive for Windows 95. Thanks a lot Microsoft.