Officially Official: Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M to celebrate F1 title

I actually really really like it. Suspension set to full soft, Gearbox and Engine set to Max (only in the Scuderia can you do this.) top down attacking the Sicilian hills. Fuck yeh!

So does that scuderia cabrio weigh the same as a normal f430 coupe now?

And Ferrari built this special-edition spider to celebrate their 16th F1 WCC. This just isn't a convertible they made to make yet more money, it's to celebrate the company's racing success - and that's what Ferrari is all about.

Don't kid yourself - this car would've been in the pipeline for a long time. It just so happens they won the Constructor's Title so they can use that as their marketing line.

This car would still be released now even if Ferrari didn't win the title - it's just marketing guff to say it's to celebrate the title. This car has been made to make yet more money. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just to not believe the marketing line.

Last edited:
The M16 or whatever its called is what cars look like in 2008 onwards. Are you one of those who thinks every new car if it wasn't designed to look like a retro throwback is completely hideous? I for one prefer design to move forward in some way even if it looks different or extreme or just plain ugly even.

EDIT: Plus looks are bonus too its this theyre mainly after----->
Ferrari.gif

I do prefer how old cars look to new ones, but that doesn't mean I like retro designs. It also doesn't mean I'm unable to like fresh new designs. As far as some recent supercars go, the R8 and the new LP560-4 look great. The Lamborghini is close to being the best looking car on sale today. I've seen the Scuderia in real life and it just looks bad. I just don't consider a car to be good looking just because it's got a Ferrari badge.

And seeing as Ferrari is saying that it's the fastest convertible they've built to go around the Fiorano test track, (even quicker than an F50) we know it should be quick. Why wouldn't it be? Like a normal 430 Scud, it has no carpets, no radio, and basically no luxuries. It's a track car, which performs. I mean, this 430 Scuderia Spyder is even quicker than a Gallardo Superlagerra or even a Bettle GT3 RS for God sakes.

All you people ever do when a new Ferrari is announced is come in here and go: "Oh, it's uglier than my house" and that's about the most constructive thing you say, whereas in a thread about an upcoming Mazda or something, you'll talk pages and pages about the engine etc. Why can't the discussions be the same here? Looks are suggestive, but a Ferrari's performance, and it's abilities as a car aren't.

Awesome car.

The Beetle GT3 RS is down by 100hp, so the Scuderia should definitely be faster. Though Ferrari touts this as being their most hardcore track car, it only managed to match the time of the GT-R and was beaten by a few tenths of a second by the LP560-4 on the TG track. That's hardly the most legitimate means of comparing cars, but I might as well throw that out there. As for not discussing how it is to drive and it's performance, we know it's going to be good. It's almost certainly going to get phenomenal reviews, it'll be called the greatest car ever made, it'll win every comparo thrown at it etc. Upcoming Mazdas may actually be bought by some of members of the forum and therefore they may have a more in depth interest in it.

Last edited:
The ipod and stereo system thing seems a bit weird on something which is supposed to be hardcore and focused when you consider the standard scuderia doesn't have a stereo at all.

ahpadt said:
Say what you want, but atleast Porsche would never make a convertible track oriented car.

Yeah but it seems they make just about everything else...

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/09/800px-Porsche_Cayenne-1.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/09/porsche-panamera-003.jpg

So does that scuderia cabrio weigh the same as a normal f430 coupe now?

Apparently it weights 10kg less than a normal F430, but 80kg less than a F430 Spyder.

Don't kid yourself - this car would've been in the pipeline for a long time. It just so happens they won the Constructor's Title so they can use that as their marketing line.

This car would still be released now even if Ferrari didn't win the title - it's just marketing guff to say it's to celebrate the title. This car has been made to make yet more money. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just to not believe the marketing line.

Yeah, true.

The Beetle GT3 RS is down by 100hp, so the Scuderia should definitely be faster. Though Ferrari touts this as being their most hardcore track car, it only managed to match the time of the GT-R and was beaten by a few tenths of a second by the LP560-4 on the TG track.

Yeah it was expected the LP560-4 would be quicker, it's the Gallardo sucessor. So it should be interesting to see how quick the F430 sucessor will be when it arrives at the end of 2009.

Anyone else really like the new wheels?

Last edited:
I think its bad ass. Those who wouldn't take a Scuderia with the top chopped off is officially gay in my book. I will make a list.

if you think the yellow doesnt do it for you.. try teh black its absolutely stunning to look at, i think.

scuderiaspider16m_07.jpg

scuderiaspider16m_06.jpg

that + roof down + long tunnel = epic eargasm of the highest order

i think it looks pimp....people will buy this, its this kinda cash-in attitude that keeps ferrari in the money

if you think the yellow doesnt do it for you.. try teh black its absolutely stunning to look at, i think.

*pics*

Omg, that is an orgasm in car form :drool:

We want! :D

Never been a particular fan of post-F40 Ferrari design.
Not the F430 that much either, preferred the 360.

But it still would go very nice.

How about you first BUY a car the make a comment like that?

I find it odd that people who are either unable to afford that Ferrari, or even OWN a car are making idiotic comments about it.

Unfortunately most of the ppl here are these forums love to comment and criticize qualities of cars they will realistically never have the chance to drive or own...

Unfortunately most of the ppl here are these forums love to comment and criticize qualities of cars they will realistically never have the chance to drive or own...

Indeed. The Internet makes it real easy to absorb HUGE quantities of information. However, this information isn't like real-life information. It doesn't give you the right of an opinion until you've verified it, all you can do is have an educated guess.

355 > 360 > 430

(styling alone mind you)

I think the Scuderia bumper looks too overdone on the 430 convertible. The wheels are nice though.