Beer

Well, did you ever drink Bud in the USA? It re-defines your scale on what is bad ;)

Besides, I already said that it is up to personal taste what you prefer. So if you look at it objectively, you can't seriously state that the brands you mentioned, are really bad. There have always been disputes among beer enthusiasts about that but let's face: We are argueing on an extremely high level here. It's a luxury problem ;)

Yeah.... I've had bud before, and I actually just drank miller the other week.

I'd go as far as calling it not much worse than bitburger, probably just because there's so much less flavour to notice the badness of.

But no, even leaving shit mainstream pilsner out of the way, Looking at the Helles or Weissbier here in Bavaria.... It's guys like Loewenbraeu who advertise.... not good beer. I'm sorry, but I remain the opinion that the worst beer is advertised.

Or look at britain, home of so much great ale, beer and cider. And what do the glasgow celtics wear on their jersey? Carling.

In my experience the bland shitty tasting stuff is so popular because simple, uncomplicated tastes appeal to the masses, not the stuff that actually tastes like stuff and can be enjoyed while sitting down reading a good book. The masses do not sit down and the certainly do not read books. they just want stuff with alcohol in it that can be consumed as fast as possible with as little thinking power required to do so. This means the companies making that stuff get to be the biggest of the bunch, with the most money for advertising.

Strong flavours have become out of fashion with the masses. It's not only with beer but also with food.

It's really sad actually...

Oh, PUH-LEASE!!!

bullshit_detector4.gif

Every person's taste buds are different and just because someone doesn't like something that tastes strong, doesn't mean they are "simple". I like olives, for instance, but I can't eat them whole, they have to be mixed in with the food in minute ammounts. Why? Because they taste too strong for me. Doesn't mean I neither like them, nor eat them. And just because someone doesn't eat the same kind of food as you, you pompous, stuck up pricks, doesn't make them inferior to you.

I'm seriously disappointed by you, especially you, Adunaphel. I expected more from you. <_<

Ice, get off your high horse and read what i typed. Nowhere did i say that if someone doesn't like strong tasting stuff that they are simple. What i meant was uncomplicated people like uncomplicated stuff. Not the other way round.

Adu is right Ice, the total appeal of Bud besides the Ameri-factor is that its extremely light and uncomplicated and can be 'enjoyed' at any time of day anywhere doing anything and so you can get drunk. Thats all its for.

"The great taste that wont fill you up and never let you down"

I tried an interesting brand today called Cuba '59 extra dry. Some students brought back a box for our end of year party at uni, and I thought it was gonna be the cheapest, nastiest piss they could find (paid for by the uni though!)

Now I'm no beer connoisseur, but it actually tasted pretty good to me. A beer to commemmorate the revolution, apparently. Bottoms up!

Here's some beer with substance.

IMG_5119.jpg

Nice old Pepsi bottle :)

Yeah, they're pretty hard to come by, you sometimes can get one of those microbrewery collection packages, with 6 bottles from a few microbreweries, but that's only the very tip of the iceberg, and even those are pretty hard to come by in normal lquorstores, they might have them as part of some promotion of some sort, but not on a regular basis or anything.

Even the larger wheat beer manufactures often do package deals with free glasses here

I went shopping today and bought this:

3024842131_738d05d845_o.jpg

No idea how it tastes yet, but I'll keep you informed :)

So I found Duvel at the local liquor store, can I, should I, dish out $12 for one forty?

^:love: Pale Ale. Perfect for this kind of weather actually!

Well, here's my drink for tonight:

3042117280_8cfe54e9b4_o.jpg