Automotive stubborness

driving a mustang in japan is the shit. drive a mustang in the states, you're a shit.

95% of all cars in Europe are bought by people who think they need the capacity - read: stupid people. But they don't really need it - they should buy a normal scooter or motorcycle instead.

Call me when you can go out shopping on a scooter. It's not like everybody in USA buys a whole forest and need to tow it every day either.

Call me when you can go out shopping on a scooter. It's not like everybody in USA buys a whole forest and need to tow it every day either.

I just got back from the grocery store, with a week's groceries on the back of my motorcycle. They have these inventions called "saddlebags" and "sidecars". I understand the Germans put these to good use in conquering the continent; have they gone extinct in Europe, then?

Even without such inventions, you can carry stupendous amounts on a motorcycle or scooter.

scooter.php

66bca207.jpg

So much for that whole "you need a car to do the shopping" thing.

Thanks for playing! :lmao:

Get rid of that wasteful car and ride a two-wheeler before you call US trucks wasteful. :D

So much for that whole "you need a car to do the shopping" thing.

Thanks for playing! :lmao:

There's just one problem with that.. This is my parents house after a rather snowy weekend...
http://img504.imageshack.**/img504/3444/img007be6.jpg
Please tell me where the Volvo 745glt are in that pic... ;)

Last edited:
Solution: Switchtraxx Motorcycle to Snowmobile Conversion Kit -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qNgFWVfyE[/youtube]

Next objection?

^Those don't work in 1,5 m of snow...

They work almost as well as a regular snowmobile, I'm told.

And if you have 1.5m of loosepack snow, your car isn't going anywhere either. Not unless you manually shovel yourself out, or a man in one of those hated trucks comes by and plows the area. :D

^They don't work as well as a normal snowmobile, actually they are horrid in anything above 30cm of snow... And they are not road legal here...

Here's the Volvo BTW:
http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/160/img008wl5.jpg
You can see me standing behind the car.. :p

Last edited:
They work almost as well as a regular snowmobile, I'm told.

And if you have 1.5m of loosepack snow, your car isn't going anywhere either. Not unless you manually shovel yourself out, or a man in one of those hated trucks comes by and plows the area. :D

Also, the conversionkits are 3200$, you can get two good 745s for that :) Besides, the only mod you have to do is put on some good snow tires, not change the whole drivetrain.

Last edited:
Wusses. Get a truck, fit Mattracks, forget about having to shovel out again ever. :D

[youtube]zDlLt28WmOA[/youtube]

Check out the "depth gauge" at 1:45 in this one:

[youtube]rhUnVOAE904[/youtube]

Besides which, if you have 1.5 meter high UNPLOWED snow, that Volvo isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Not everyone who drives a big, multi-many-seater SUV, i.e. Audi Q7, in cities are cocks.

Not everyone who drives a big, multi-many-seater SUV, i.e. Audi Q7, in cities are cocks.

No, the rest are posers.

IM002423.jpg

Yes, this is a run-flat spare... on a spare carrier.... on a vehicle that comes with run-flat tires... that clearly has never gone off-road. WTF?

And yes, it's an actual Porsche factory accessory.

^It's all to look good, I guess :p

The main reason why some people buy a huge SUV with 7 seats is presence.
It looks good when a big-time businessman/entrepreneur arrives to meet his clients for tea or golf.

The second reason is practicality. With 7 seats, you can drive all your foreign overseas clients for dinner or a tour of the factory/site etc. Or you can pick them up at the airport with their luggage.

That's why my dad wants one badly to replace the unpractical and presence-lacking Beemer 3er =/

Been there, done that, came to a totally different conclusion. Handling and brakes are more important than comfort.
I wasn't saying that handling and brakes are less important than comfort, was simply saying that ability to drive makes more difference. The one time I was surprised to the point that I got into an accident nothing short of a formula would have saved me.
The main reason why some people buy a huge SUV with 7 seats is presence.
It looks good when a big-time businessman/entrepreneur arrives to meet his clients for tea or golf.

The second reason is practicality. With 7 seats, you can drive all your foreign overseas clients for dinner or a tour of the factory/site etc. Or you can pick them up at the airport with their luggage.
Or said businessman can rent a Limo and have the ability to talk to said partners without having to also concentrate on driving and possibly getting into an accident scaring said partners. Also an A8, BMW 7xx, Lexus or S Class sedan will have quite a bit of presence. Or better yet a Rolls :)

Almost forgot:
- If you can't drive same speed in the rain (normal city driving) as you can in the dry you do not belong near a car! (very heavy rain and low visibility conditions are exceptions)

Last edited:
Perhaps. You should ask Merp about the time I ran a rental Focus (his rental Focus, no less) into a Toyota Sequoia travelling at speed and between some skill and some luck managed to get away with no damage other than some dirt transfer between the doors. Didn't even damage the paint on either vehicle.

Merp tells the story better than I. :D

Last edited:
1) If you complain that you can't drive a manual because it's so much extra work, you shouldn't be allowed to drive in the first place.
2) Don't make your luxury car ride hard by screwing around with it. If you do, you're a total backwards-cap-wearing wanker who deserves to be shot. You paid for a luxury car to waft - if you want shit hard suspension, buy a sports car. It's what I'd do, and no one is more right than me.
3) FWD Sedans are utterly useless. They just are.
4) Modern Toyotas are cheaply made, boring, dull, dreary pieces of shit which are only made to make money. Why do you think there's no MR2, Supra or Celica? Not enough profit
5) Pushrods and Chevy Small Blocks are god's gift to the world.
6) Soggy suspension sucks. It's not even comfortable...

Anyone who cannot control what gear an automatic transmission is in by throttle control alone has no right to bash them.

That makes me super awesome. Slushboxes are still not as good as Manuals.

Nothing good ever came of leaving a car stock.

Consider the fact that pretty much everyone is really stupid. I'll end up messing up my car when I try to change it.

Last edited:
Two kids, dog, mortgage, starting to appreciate Leonard Cohen, in bed by 9:30, appreciating scotch... it will happen to you too in time.

No really, you're in the wrong crowd. If you're hear cause you like Top Gear, it's you're best bet to stick to the Top Gear forum then.

^

age has nothing to do with passion for cars.

http://img509.imageshack.**/img509/452/gt500carrollshelbymainxt3.jpg Agrees.....