Reputation abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
I don't get it. I though that reputation should serve one purpose (if any, apart form "my e-penis is 234 points bigger than yours"). Normally it should be an indicator of an idiot or a misbehaving person.
Now what I see is that some consistently anonymous chaps neg rep each other for having different opinions from one another. You silly cowardly bastards, step forward :lol:
I have to say, I haven't been affected, but I feel for some guys, especially if they've only been negrepped once and now are sporting a red blob.

So sign you neg reps and face the music for any abuse thats what I say.
:driving:
Oh yeah I feel I will be neg repped anonymously for this. Big time. Bring it on, for I dont give a shit!))

I have been saying since the rep system was introduced here that anonymous reps lead to nothing good. But I guess the mods prefer it this way.

I think Viper's justification was that if reps were not anonymous, then people would hesitate to neg rep a deserving post in fear of getting neg rep back.

But he's got a point, if you see their name and give them a neg rep back it makes you just as big an ass. So it really shouldn't make a difference if there's a name or not. I admit it sucks when you get negative points for a totally innocent post, but I've learned that in the end you will have good overall rep if you deserve it.

For the record though, I sign all my reps... well, ever since I had a run in with one Quiky. ;)

<noob>
Does "rep power" even have any power on these forums?
</noob>

Does "rep power" even have any power on these forums?

Sure, it defines how many rep points you can add or take away from someone's total if you gave them reputation. For instance, is freefall the OP gave me a +rep right now, it would add 4 points to my total rep (not my rep power).

The rep power is a combination of how much rep you have, what your postcount is, when you joined the forums, etc.

But he's got a point, if you see their name and give them a neg rep back it makes you just as big an ass.
Well at least you'll know one is an ass straight away :D

Whichever of you guys just gave me rep, thanks a lot. But sign it next time damnit!

Just because the system is anonymous doesn't mean you can't add your name to the comment box - that's become common practice on FG. ;)

I have to say, I haven't been affected
Hahaha I take my words back, someone just neg repped me, called me a "n00b" and said I should "watch older episodes". That's for giving 12x03 ten points :lmao:

yes, ALL rep should not be anonymous...
And while they're at it, I think it would be better if you HAD to put a comment in the line, so you couldn't just negrep someone without explaining it.

And while they're at it, I think it would be better if you HAD to put a comment in the line, so you couldn't just negrep someone without explaining it.

If you're going to neg rep someone you do have to give a reason, it's always been that way (a.k.a that system's already in place).

oh well thats cool then. I *ALWAYS* give a reason and my name so I've never had that "please give a reason" popup

I think people who profess they don't care about rep do so because they think they're cooler than everyone else.

I wouldn't end my life if I lost all my rep tomorrow, but yeah, I'll get annoyed if someone asstard neg reps me for expressing my opinion.

^ I do have my fair share of rep, but it's not over 9000.

I have some work to do still.

i don't think i have recieved a single neg rep... i wonder if i am doing it rong....

I'll give you 25 if you get rid of /b/. And there'll be a pie in the mail.

i don't know if you were aware of this but if you get rid of /b/ we loose half the funny generation power of the internet and i am not sure if SA could handle it all by itself

i don't think i have recieved a single neg rep... i wonder if i am doing it rong....
Having just read the original thread in its entirety, I have a theory. Did you stop posting entirely in the later months of 2007? It seems the negatives were flying all over the place for the most trivial of reasons.

i don't know if you were aware of this but if you get rid of /b/ we loose half the funny generation power of the internet and i am not sure if SA could handle it all by itself
Something funny came from /b/? Last time I looked there it was the ultimate proof of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.

I offer a lifetime's supply of free beer to the first person to remove all traces of /b/ from the entire internet. What are you all waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.