Spoilers: Porsche Panamera Official Pics Leaked

No, I quite like it too...

Except the back, that looks a bit awkward, maybe It'll grow on me. Or perhaps, I just need to see it in real life. For me it was the same story with the current Jaguar XK and XF, the design only works in real life, on pictures they look a bit awkward. That said, I think the Panamera looks a whole lot better than the current similar offerings from the other "German three", hardly an achievement, but still...

Oh, and on that tedious bullshit argument about it being bought only by douchebags for it's badge. Name another car with a prestigious badge on the bonnet, for which the same argument cannot be made...

The original design looks awesome.
20051028_porsche_panamera.jpg

Final design?
pana.jpg

Oh dear

Oh, and on that tedious bullshit argument about it being bought only by douchebags for it's badge. Name another car with a prestigious badge on the bonnet, for which the same argument cannot be made...
Name another car in the current Porsche lineup that has PORSCHE prominently displayed on the rear hatch.

My point (and everyone else's) is that it's cockish for them to put "HAY ITS A PORSCHE" on the back.

It's not to be "retro". It's not to fill space. It's so that people know it's a Porsche... which, they don't seem to have a problem with identification on any other car, so obviously they seem to think people will mistake it for not-a-Porsche.

Maybe because it terminates pregnancies upon first glance, I dunno.

My point (and everyone else's) is that it's cockish for them to put "HAY ITS A PORSCHE" on the back.

It's not to be "retro". It's not to fill space. It's so that people know it's a Porsche... which, they don't seem to have a problem with identification on any other car, so obviously they seem to think people will mistake it for not-a-Porsche.

Maybe because it terminates pregnancies upon first glance, I dunno.
Firstly, the over all design on the Panamera is so unmistakably Porsche, that badging it Porsche for just identification makes no sense at all. Secondly, I still don't see how that is more cock-ish than Ferrari having "Ferrari" spelled out over a big, shiny prancing horse at the back of their current cars, for instance.

But of course, Clarkson says that everyone who buy Porsches, buy them for the badge and the name and are cocks, so of course it must be right... :rolleyes:

I still don't see how that is more cock-ish than Ferrari having "Ferrari" spelled out over a big, shiny prancing horse at the back of their current cars, for instance.
Did I say it was? :rolleyes:

And "unmistakably Porsche"? If it didn't have all that badging on the back, I would think it was a redesigned Chrysler Crossfire.

It's cockish when compared to other Porsche's, because no other current Porsche does this, or will do this. From the way the picture looks, Porsche is even displayed bigger than most of the model designations on other cars.

To me, the back is just screaming "HAY GUISE I'M A PORSCHE" hilariously loud.

It's cockish when compared to other Porsche's, because no other current Porsche does this, or will do this. From the way the picture looks, Porsche is even displayed bigger than most of the model designations on other cars.

To me, the back is just screaming "HAY GUISE I'M A PORSCHE" hilariously loud.
Anyway, back in 'ye olde days, most Porsches could be had with Porsche spelled out on the back of it, in exactly the same fonts as used here... The first generation of 911s from 1964 to 1973 had this, also after that "Porsche" was often spelled out in that light-strip going across the rear. Still, I can't see what's cocky about this...

Two new pictures have surface by the way...

The silver one is the Turbo
2010-porsche-panamera_6.jpg

Whereas the blue is the 4S
2010-porsche-panamera_4.jpg

Last edited:
The original design looks awesome.
Oh dear
Yes, it looks extremely sexy, like the girls you see in various "men's litterature" but the problem is; what's possible in Photoshop, isn't always feasible in real life...

Panamera.jpg

^While this looks very good (most things based off a Carrera GT would), where's the back seat head-room, or the back seat leg-room, or a boot worth mentioning? It's German after all, it needs to make some practical sense... :p

Awwww, one person gave me negative rep for my pic, but didn't have the courtesy of leaving their name.

Geez, lighten up.

I don't mind them spelling "Porsche" on the back and I don't think it is in any way "cockish" although I DO agree on the fact an Average Joe who isn't in to cars all that much has a very real chance of not recognising the Panamera as a Porsche right away.

Nor do I mind them being determined to make this....thing....have the styling of a 911. Now I really think it has been beaten with the ugly stick and should very much burn in hell, but I do get the idea behind it. The idea hasn't transformed into reality as well as they were hoping.

My biggest problem is the rear: Why oh why did they have to copy the 911 rear when there isn't an engine in it ?!? Now the "classic 911 shape" everyone keeps jammering about, that works. For some it doesn't but I really like it. But why the hell would you want to have a 4-door saloon car squatting down as if an elephant has just sat on it ??

If you are going to make a proper 4-door car, make it at least resemble one. Just look at Lamborghini Estoque, all other things aside, it has the shape of a 4-door saloon, as it should. The Aston Martin Rapide, while being very much a DB9 with just two extra doors also looks far more purposeful than this creation from Porsche. And with purposeful I mean it has a) a bonnet b) a middle section with 4 doors and a roof and c) a boot lid. Not some weird coupe-rear engined-crossfire thingy.

I don't like the look of the Panamera from any angle but I could live with it and buy one (if I had the money of course) if it wouldn't make me throw up everytime I glance that hideous behind of its.

And one final thing about all these upcoming 4-door coupe thingys....why would anyone buy the Aston or the Porsche for anything but the badge ?? Because the one car that started this trend is still by far the best rendition of the concept: Mercedes Benz CLS. I know I am not alone with this and I also know a lot of you think it is bland and boring. But I honestly do think it is by far the best looking of the bunch. AND if you buy one it isn't because of the badge, it's because you have actually chosen the CLS over the Aston, Porsche or the Lambo.

I'll take a M5 Touring over this!