Who lives in a town/city where Starbucks doesn't exist?

I found that funny that Starbucks would name a drink 'Chai tea' because Chai means tea. :lol:

I dunno if it's actually called that, I think it's officially the Tazo chai latte. I just call it that because I guess the first time someone recommended that to me they called it that.

I shouldn't though, especially given I'm Iranian and I know what chai actually means.

Last edited:
Don't know any Starbucks Shop here... And i don't mind :p

Theres a video out there of a guy that visited all 171 Starbuckss on Manhattan Island...
90572189_22eded3319.jpg

It makes me feel better about myself that I have better things to do with my time and money than visit and buy something at 171 Starbucks stores.

Like post snarky remarks about it on an internet forum, for instance...

It must be the same intersection, since that's the only one I know of with multiple Starbucks. But there's always been the two, I don't recall a third one. There is however another coffee shop, Blenz, on another corner at that intersection. The other corner is Banana Republic.

I don't blame them though, both of those Starbucks are packed to the brim most hours of the days.

That must've been it. My bad.

no starbucks here, or in fact anywhere in the entire country! We do have McD's but I think thats about it when it comes to this sort of companies
But you do have Quick - which I intend to visit next time I'm battering through Belgium. Just to see how it compares with McArse and the like.

I've done a quick Google search for Starbucks in Nottingham, and it returns three. Depressingly, I know they've missed the one inside Sainsbury's on Castle Boulevard... and there may be more, in other Sainsbury's such as the one in Arnold I've never been to.

Huzzah, my town is mercifully Starbucks-free!

I like Subway, I don't see what's wrong with them. (Besides the fact that the one in my town is filthy as hell and staffed by dipshit gangsta teenagers.)

200607-WelcomeToMassachusetts.jpg
LOL exactly :lol:
same reason we have no krispy kream
I MISS KRISPY KREAM, THEIR DONUTS OTHER THAN CHOCOLATE WERE SUPERIOR!

sadly my home town and current city both have starbucks. To be fair the starbucks in Millbury isn't really a starbucks it's just a B&N cafe that sells starbucks coffee but 6 of one half dozen of another

My town (~25000 people) has every coffee shop, APART from Starbucks. It also has no McDonalds in the centre - there used to be, but it got shut down when they opened an out-of-town one. Good I say. Also Cafe Nero FTMFW.

My home town (where I was born) only got a Starbucks two years ago and the place I currently live and have lived for the last decade only got a Starbucks about eight months ago - and that one is at the airport.

Jersey has some very good independent coffee shops which have so far managed to keep the big chains out - but they're starting to come in now.

I'm more interested in hearing the responses in ppl who live in cities in countries outside of the US and esp N America. I wonder if chain coffee houses like Starbucks even have any significant business in countries with a strong coffee culture like France, Italy, etc...

Well i can answer for France : we have already Mcdonalds , Quick, KFC, and so on so why not Starbucks :rolleyes: , there are about 40 stores in France , almost all of them situated in Paris (which is a relatively small city) and the suburbs.

Anyone seen the South Park episode about Starbucks?

The nearest Starbucks, according to Google Maps, is 15km away from my house.

But here is the good news: I've never been into a Starbucks. I'm not a coffee man, true to a common prejudice about the swiss I rather have a hot chocolate or even a cup of bare milk. The only place where I drink a coffee sometimes is at my workplace during meetings and only because it's for free and served. But even then I need a lot of milk and sugar dumped into the cup to make it enjoyable.

Greetings, lip

We've only got the one in Moore, Oklahoma, and it's about to be shutdown to make way for a new interstate overpass. ^_^

Sadly, I have a feeling that they'll open it back up in another part of town... :(

According to a routeplanner in the 'net there is a Starbucks 6 km (about 4 miles) away from my home, but it isn't in my city (70.000 residents) but in Hamburg, since I live about 300 metres from the border to Hamburg.

And like lip I don't care since I never drank coffee in my life, I stick with bare cold milk (in the morning) and apple spritzer/sparkling apple (the rest of the day).

We've got 5 just on campus.

I'm not a fan of the bar-made drinks; they're practically a meal's worth of calories and a day's worth of sugar in a cup, but I like the coffee - strong flavour and lots of caffiene makes for a good student drink when spending the day in the library. That being said, Starbucks as a company has done poorly lately. They've managed to capture a market well, but their idea of 'growth' is purely based on store numbers and expansion. They didn't do their homework, and now they're paying for it. The chain works in certain areas, but not in others, and a focus on expansion isn't always a good thing if you're not growing your sales.