Santa, can I have a diesel submarine?

the ad said:
Apart from the removal of classified communications and sensor equipment, OTAMA is in the same state that the crew left it, an operational Oberon class submarine, with a full outfit of spares and equipment.

Unless I'm misreading that, the weapons are still there! Either way, this would be a great little project to have in the back pond.

The next time any Somali pirates get within 50 nautical miles of another ship, we could torpedo all those sumbitches and blow 'em into the sky!

The next time any Somali pirates get within 50 nautical miles of another ship, we could torpedo all those sumbitches and blow 'em into the sky!
Or we could become pirates...

Virginia_class_submarine.jpg

Last edited:
I always liked the idea of buying an old Harrier... then again, this is a ship, not a plane.

Ah, but more importantly: what kind of mileage does this thing have? And is that in terrestrial or nautical miles? You see, you have to watch out for that, landlubbers!

Pfft diesel... Doesn't rev, too much weight on the front axle, not as fun to drive and the exhaust fumes are killing teh kittenz. This submarine sucks!!!1!

:p

I will take it to Montana. When I am there, I will buy a pickup truck, and drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?

If every member of FinalGear even posts more than ten times, I'll buy the submarine myself.

Nevermind that the server would probably crash...

Does it come in red?

I wonder why Greenpeace hasn't bought a floating coffin like this and sunk a few japanese whale hunters. I would ...