Random Thoughts....

:lmao: I just lol'ed hard at the scene in TGAu S1E5 where
they run over the saab in the tractor!
That was so totally unexpected, yet predictable. Real Top Gear!

OH, and then I :lol:ed at the rickroll!

Good news: I got a smoking deal on a lightly used Carrier furnace and AC unit from a company who was renovating their offices!

Bad news: I got a friend who does plumbing/heating installs to give me a quote on installing it. Turns out my house's ductwork is built for up to 60CFM and this furnace puts out 110, so I can't use it. Damnit! I had no idea that ductwork would have those kinds of restrictions. Anyone want to buy a powerful-ass furnace? :lol:

I just got back from my sister's place.

I can sum up the family Thanksgiving in three very familiar words: Ambitious, but Rubbish.

The weather was meh, the football a bit lousy (even the Lions getting eviscerated grew dull), and everyone was either out hunting (the men) or sleeping or watching my sister's two-month old boy. The plan was to have the Thanksgiving meal as a supper instead of an early dinner. That's where the fun really began.

Someone put a bit too much water in with the turkey. That water, combined with the turkey juice proceeded to boil, and boil, and boil some more until it all hit the oven floor. When my sister went to check the oven, all we heard was loud sizzling followed by a huge-ass waft of smoke. For the next twenty minutes, visibility in the home was quite limited even with all the doors open and fans blowing.

Eventually, the smoke cleared but left a nasty stink, which woke up my dad. My brothers had just returned from hunting and were chuckling.

When it was time to put the rolls in the oven, another big plume of smoke. And then the oven caught fire. Several minutes of discussing whether one should use salt or baking soda later, the bloody thing went out.

Surprisingly, the meal went without a hitch, until two hours later when my sister remembered that she had put more stuffing in the oven to cook. The house, when I left, was literally a stench of smoke and burned stuffing.

After today, I'm looking forward to Christmas to see how we can top this.

Last edited:
I just got back from my sister's place.

I can sum up the family Thanksgiving in three very familiar words: Ambitious, but Rubbish.

The weather was meh, the football a bit lousy (even the Lions getting eviscerated grew dull), and everyone was either out hunting (the men) or sleeping or watching my sister's two-month old boy. The plan was to have the Thanksgiving meal as a supper instead of an early dinner. That's where the fun really began.

Someone put a bit too much water in with the turkey. That water, combined with the turkey juice proceeded to boil, and boil, and boil some more until it all hit the oven floor. When my sister went to check the oven, all we heard was loud sizzling followed by a huge-ass waft of smoke. For the next twenty minutes, visibility in the home was quite limited even with all the doors open and fans blowing.

Eventually, the smoke cleared but left a nasty stink, which woke up my dad. My brothers had just returned from hunting and were chuckling.

When it was time to put the rolls in the oven, another big plume of smoke. And then the oven caught fire. Several minutes of discussing whether one should use smoke or baking soda later, the bloody thing went out.

Surprisingly, the meal went without a hitch, until two hours later when my sister remembered that she had put more stuffing in the oven to cook. The house, when I left, was literally a stench of smoke and burned stuffing.

After today, I'm looking forward to Christmas to see how we can top this.

:lol: Ambitious but rubbish, indeed. Sounds like a Vince Vaughn movie. :p

The difference, however, is that Vince Vaughn sucks.

Now I almost feel bad, I just had the best damned thanksgiving ever. Turkey? Fuck turkey, we had prime rib! Roast corn, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and I don't even remember what else. It's been 9 hours and I'm still not hungry.

From the back of some food packaging:

"Tired of leftovers? Is takeaway too much trouble?"

You know you're lazy when takeaway's too much trouble.

And no, the quote wasn't in reference to what was in the packaging & what I was eating - it referred to a frozen dinner product. I, on the other hand, was having Pizza Pockets.

Which aren't lazy at all... :whistle:

^ How come Australia is so behind the times with severely capped interwebs? How much is your cap?

Mine is capped, but I have never reached it.

^ How come Australia is so behind the times with severely capped interwebs? How much is your cap?

In a lot of cases, it's Telstra, our ex-monopoly telco to blame. They've basically held the Australian broadband market to ransom for many, many years, and still exploit their control. That, and a lot of our data is international, so the data costs for our ISPs are higher.

In a lot of cases, it's Telstra, our ex-monopoly telco to blame. They've basically held the Australian broadband market to ransom for many, many years, and still exploit their control. That, and a lot of our data is international, so the data costs for our ISPs are higher.

Which is why a cornerstone of Kevin Rudd's campaign was bigger tubes.
:lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Which is why a cornerstone of Kevin Rudd's campaign was bigger tubes.
:lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

chairman rudd's also decided that we really want filter internet just like his pals in China

Psh! Joke's on you for expecting consistency from politicians.

Bah, drunk, yeah, whatvermm , goodnight.,

For female in steady relationship going out clubbing sans boyfriend, gay bar>other bar. Many men inside the ladies' loo leaving the seat up, yes, but far fewer creepy straight men trying to pick you up.