2008 American Le Mans Series thread

i think the vantage gt2 car sounds amazing.

but yes...you know when the corvettes are coming down the track...haha

Last edited:
I was there today, and will be at the race tomorrow!:woot:

Today I saw Tiff Needell around the aston racing team trailer. I asked him if he was there for fifth gear and he said he was there filming a documentary on endurance racing. REAL nice guy too...a lot taller than I thought also
Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture114.jpg

awesome, thats one of my old school mates Johnny Cocker sat there with him... he races with Drayson, he's a very good driver (better than drayson IMO, tho drayson does only have sight in one eye i think) and he's been very successful, he won the british GT championship at 18. good effort!

heh... i know some one kinda famous!

one of the pics i took of the aston is my current wallpaper.

that car is gorgeous. too bad it broke. it was in 3rd place in gt2 for some time...

also, thread needs moar panoz.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Please send a link to the highlights of the last race.

Spoilers!

The race today had LOTS of cautions. I mean, LOTS. I lost count. Also very very very foggy during practice. It all burned off by noon.

Those Astons sure sound a lot different in person than they do on TV. It sounded almost exactly like the Corvettes. Those Audis are deathly silent, and they stink to high heaven (even more than the Ethanol cars). Also, they dropped at least two trophies. Maybe more. I heard plenty of big thunks.

I'll put up my pics and videos tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the race, god I love Laguna Seca. Plenty of close racing and great battles.

Pics and vidz!!!

(sorry for bad quality on the videos)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-CYWfPEM-k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu0Ab_PS_I[/youtube]

(there will be a 3rd, it's not finished processing)

62risicorkscrewpractice.jpg

Acura26Audicorkscrewrace.jpg

Audi1corkscrewpractice.jpg

Audidrivers.jpg

Corvette4turn4race.jpg

FerrarisMazdaturn4race.jpg

JMBferrariLizardPorschecorkscrewpra.jpg

JaimeMelorisegaragesmagazine.jpg

Lizardporschecorkscrewrace.jpg

Penskedrivers.jpg

Penskesturn4race.jpg

Restart.jpg

astoncorkscrewpractice.jpg

astoncorkscrewrace.jpg

corkscrewmorning.jpg

corvette3corkscrewpractice.jpg

corvettescorkscrewrace.jpg

pesnke6corkscrewpractice.jpg

risigarages.jpg

Le Mans is my type of racing with the 3 different groups racing at the same time.

It's four, but I agree it is much more interesting than the overly homologated motor spots (F1, NASCAR, and Super V8 come to mind). I like the cars to be different.

It's four, but I agree it is much more interesting than the overly homologated motor spots (F1, NASCAR, and Super V8 come to mind). I like the cars to be different.

Yep. But I think it should be 3 classes. LMP2 should be open cockpits, LMP1's should be coupes, and then a GT class in line with the current GT2 class spec (about 550 horsepower).