Best apps from app store (iPod/iPhone)

Do not download TS tennis. It keeps crashing and it's quite expensive.

Why would Apple have to charge for Maps updates on the iPod Touch?

It's free on all other platforms... all Google products are supposed to be free.

Sorry if I'm missing something here; I don't have one so I don't know what updates include and whatnot. :dunno:

It's a side effect of Sarbonnes-Oxley.

Devices sold with subscriptions can have all the free updates that the maker cares to push out.

Devices with no subscriptions? SOX says that the company has to charge when it adds new functionality to an existing device in the consumer's hands if it was not there or specifically promised at the time of initial delivery.

Don't you just *loooooove* government regulation?

Google Map updates have usually been done with Firmware updates on the iPhone. And f/w updates for the iTouch are sometimes a pay thing. Apple claims it's for accounting purposes, but I say bull. iPhone f/w updates are free though.

See above. The post-Enron SOX legislation gives Apple no choice.

Any rumors on iPhone/iTouch 2.3 yet? I think a dev copy of 2.2 was leaked out a few days after 2.1 was released.

Any rumors on a bigger touch/iphone? I am trying so hard to hold off on purchasing one until they make a 64GB version.

Any rumors on a bigger touch/iphone? I am trying so hard to hold off on purchasing one until they make a 64GB version.

Macworld is in January... maybe we'll see a 64GB iTouch, and a 32 iPhone then?

Macworld may bring a 32GB but I don't think we will see a 64GB version just yet.

Do ppl in europe use the yelp.com app for restaurant reviews and business index search?

There has been a price drop on star wars and Asphalt 4!

Trackday is fucking great, seems more accurate on my slow ass car at least. But then there is a 2.0 Version of Dynolicious...

hey, is there a program that will read PDFs on the Touch?

Look into Files lite - but if you email a PDF to the phone, it can read and display it anyway.

yeah, but the touch doesn't have a phone. thanks though, I'll check that out.

airshare will read pdfs as well as just about every office file in existence. It's why I was so happy when someone posted about it earlier in this thread :D

airshare will read pdfs as well as just about every office file in existence. It's why I was so happy when someone posted about it earlier in this thread :D

lol, thanks. I was feeling a right lazy bastard last night, and didn't read the whole thing.

just got Fieldrunners and Crash Kart and i'm pretty happy with them ;)

epocrates = best free prescription drug guide on the market, terrific if you work in hospital related or medical fields.

epocrates = best free prescription drug guide on the market, terrific if you work in hospital related or medical fields.

Thanks!

Anyone try out Ferrari GT: Evolution yet?

It is expensive at 9.99$.

I hope there may be a price drop on it.

**Edit - Does anyone have Icopter?

Reviews on the appstore are conflicting.

I remember playing it on a old jailbroken iphone 1st gen and it was great.

How is the new one on the appstore?

Last edited:
Ferrari GT is quite funny (at least the version I ... bought. :))

**Edit - Does anyone have Icopter?

Reviews on the appstore are conflicting.

I remember playing it on a old jailbroken iphone 1st gen and it was great.

How is the new one on the appstore?

I had it on my jailbroken ipod too, I do not think its good enough to pay for s: