Proposed Celebrity Challenge

tranceporter

Car(s)
2007 Honda S2000
i think it'd be nuts to see jason statham and clive owen go at it in let's say a bmw 7 series challenge. they both piloted a 7 series in a getaway fashion. statham in the first and only good transporter movie and clive owen in the bmw indie films.

what do you guys think?

Reactions: MWF
just put them in the star in reasonably priced segment and i'd be happy.

they both piloted a 7 series in a getaway fashion. statham in the first and only good transporter movie and clive owen in the bmw indie films.[...]
santa-is-dead.jpg

... after you?ve swallowed that, time to face some truths about movie stars and their "abilities" when they are not infront of a camera ...

Can they drive like in the movies? No ...

:p

i was waiting on one of these posts ^

i realize they're actors but they did do a lot of their own stunts. that's why i'd be a nice challenge because they're obvious not race car drivers

edit:

it'd be a way for bragging rights to see who does drive better off the screen

i didn't realize i had to spell it all out to get that

santa-is-dead.jpg

... after you?ve swallowed that, time to face some truths about movie stars and their "abilities" when they are not infront of a camera ...

Can they drive like in the movies? No ...

:p

You obviously don't read the TG magazine. They did a feature a few months ago on Clive Owen, how much of the actual driving he did for the BMW films (a lot more than you would ever imagine), and how good he is generally in a car. The conclusion was that he is shit hot and can really drive very well. I'd be very keen to see him on the show and a demonstration of what he can do. Not sure about Statham's actual ability behind the wheel so it could make an interesting double SIARPC feature or you could just get Hammond to pick a fight with him!

Pass, don't really care about bragging rights between b and c list actors, SIARPC maybe but not a whole segment.

You obviously don't read the TG magazine. They did a feature a few months ago on Clive Owen, how much of the actual driving he did for the BMW films (a lot more than you would ever imagine), and how good he is generally in a car. The conclusion was that he is shit hot and can really drive very well. I'd be very keen to see him on the show and a demonstration of what he can do. Not sure about Statham's actual ability behind the wheel so it could make an interesting double SIARPC feature or you could just get Hammond to pick a fight with him!

Double SIARPC's don't usually go well... I wouldn't mind if they didn't ever do a double SIARPC again.

Pass, don't really care about bragging rights between b and c list actors, SIARPC maybe but not a whole segment.

Hey! Who are you calling b- or c-list?! Sure atleast Statham has some true crap on his filmography but I guess that's just for fun. A lot like Samuel L. Jackson

Double SIARPC's don't usually go well... I wouldn't mind if they didn't ever do a double SIARPC again.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the basic premise, it just needs tweaking. We know they have more than on Lacetti - why not have them go head to head around the track in a one lap race?

And I'd hardly describe an actor of Clive Owen's calibre as B or C list - sure he's done a couple of silly action movies but the more serious stuff on his CV shows he can act. I'd certainly like to see him on the show, with or without another guest and he's done the magazine so why not?

I?m not saying I wouldn?t like to see both of them behind the wheel. Owen is one of the most interesting actors that has risen to fame in the last couple of years ... I?d gladly see both of them on TG.

And for those "I did most of my stunts/driving myself"-stories ... 90% of those are pure promotion Crap feed to the press to make the product (and them) sound interresting. Very few Actors who claim stuff like that could actually do it when not in that specific trained and accurately planned moment on set. If I get training, even I can do loads of stuff for 5 seconds on camera ... that doesn?t make me an expert at it, but what a dork I?d look if I told the press that it?s all just good looking and no substance.
I don?t know about Owen or Strathman ... maybe they are driving-gods ... but generally speaking, it?s all just show ... and we smart people shouldn?t fall for that.;)

Hey! Who are you calling b- or c-list?! Sure atleast Statham has some true crap on his filmography but I guess that's just for fun. A lot like Samuel L. Jackson

Sam Jackson is a B/C list actor too.

A list = stared in a high grossing or award winning movie, none of those people are Brad Pitt levels.

I?m not saying I wouldn?t like to see both of them behind the wheel. Owen is one of the most interesting actors that has risen to fame in the last couple of years ... I?d gladly see both of them on TG.

And for those "I did most of my stunts/driving myself"-stories ... 90% of those are pure promotion Crap feed to the press to make the product (and them) sound interresting. Very few Actors who claim stuff like that could actually do it when not in that specific trained and accurately planned moment on set. If I get training, even I can do loads of stuff for 5 seconds on camera ... that doesn?t make me an expert at it, but what a dork I?d look if I told the press that it?s all just good looking and no substance.
I don?t know about Owen or Strathman ... maybe they are driving-gods ... but generally speaking, it?s all just show ... and we smart people shouldn?t fall for that.;)

That was exactly the point of the article in the mag. Most actors who allegedly do their own driving work in fact do very little. The point they were making in the mag was that Clive Owen really is that good and did do as much of the stunt driving as was claimed by the movie people. That's one of the reasons I'd like to see him on Top Gear and while I like Craig there's still a part of me that wishes Owen had taken on the 007 role although I seem to recall he was offerered the chance and turned it down. If I'm mistaken I'm sure an eagle-eyed fellow member will provide the relevan source to deny this or support it accordingly.

A list = stared in a high grossing or award winning movie, none of those people are Brad Pitt levels.

What are you, mental? According to the Guinness Book of World Records 2009, "Jackson is the world's highest grossing actor, having earned $7.42 billion in 68 films." As for awards go, Pulp Fiction anybody?

Next thing you'll be saying Harrison Ford is a B/C list actor. :rolleyes:

Jackson was the supporting actor in Pulp Fiction.

Other than that he's either been in garbage or at the bottom of the cast list.

Owen has been personally nominated for an Oscar (like Pitt), won a golden Globe (like Pitt) and starred in 3 Films that have been highly awarded (Closer, Gosford Park and Children of Men).

I?d say Owen is an A-List actor ...

And for Samuel L Jackson ... with an Oscar Nomination and golden Globe Nomination, the golden Palm of Cannes, BAFTA winner etc ... I?d at least put him into B ... he?s doing a lot of bad (but sucsessfull) movies ... but some great ones too.:)

Last edited:
why did this become an A or B or C list actor debate?

the OP just wanted them to be invited to the show. although i dont agree with them having their own segment, but siarpc would be nice. who cares if they did their own stunts or not, it would be cool to see what their true driving abilities are like.

why did this become an A or B or C list actor debate?

the OP just wanted them to be invited to the show. although i dont agree with them having their own segment, but siarpc would be nice. who cares if they did their own stunts or not, it would be cool to see what their true driving abilities are like.

what he said