Request for temporary mod status.

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
Hello,

As you may know homer_bart and I are currently running the FinalGear.com Car of the Year awards threads. Unfortunately, we cannot both edit the same post. I am requesting temporary powers to overcome this problem. I will only use the privileges to edit the FinalGear.com Car of the Year awards post and to delete disallowed non-vote posts which will make counting the votes more difficult. I understand if you are a bit sceptical about granting mod status to a user with only around 30 posts, but I promise to only use it for this one task.

Thank you,
darkshark0159

This is what Hitler said too, at first. :p

I was just counting down the minutes until someone made a Hitler reference. :lol:

And Godwin's Law is evoked in... one post.

Fantastic.

:lmao: I've never heard that one before.

As honest as your intentions are, I have no easy way of tracking what you do -- i.e. there'd be nothing stopping you from editing other posts, etc.

Perhaps a page on the Wiki is best -- anyone can edit that. Just link to the Wiki article in your thread and then you and anyone else can update the Wiki article.

There could be an own temporary subforum where he has mod status. But the question is... do we (you) really want that effort for just one specific thread.

PS: I don't think thats a good idea. Because where does it start and where does it end? Do i start my own thread soon where i want to be mod? And why shouldn't a real mod delete these posts in the actual thread now?

As honest as your intentions are, I have no easy way of tracking what you do -- i.e. there'd be nothing stopping you from editing other posts, etc.

Perhaps a page on the Wiki is best -- anyone can edit that. Just link to the Wiki article in your thread and then you and anyone else can update the Wiki article.

I understand. I didn't have my expectations high when posting this, since I know it opens a can of worms. For the sake of the voters' convenience, I didn't want to do a Wiki. Thanks though, we'll figure something out.

No, but that would require voters to flick back in forth between the wiki and the thread as they post their responses.

Like I said, not a big deal. I just thought I'd ask.

Also, why start a thread on it? PM a mod/admin and you'll get a proper timely reply :|

You have a good point. I suppose I'm used to some other forums where a PM to a mod doesn't really end up anywhere.

Actually, in this case PM'ing me would be the proper thing to do as the mods can't help ya.

You have a good point. I suppose I'm used to some other forums where a PM to a mod doesn't really end up anywhere.
We're just that awesome over here. Any mod/admin would escalate it to Viper if need be.

Really sorry, posted in the wrong thread. Damn tabbed browsing!

Last edited: