The "New Toys" Thread

I guess we all think that $300 motherboards and more expensive RAM for a processor that is only 5-10% faster don't make a whole lot of sense at the moment. :p

Last edited:
I guess we all think that $300 motherboards and more expensive RAM for a processor that is only 5-10% faster don't make a whole lot of sense at the moment. :p

Exactly. Picking up my new computer on sunday! :)

Except for it won't be 5-10% faster. It will be much more.

And the entry level i7 absolutely kills all the similarly priced 775 Quad Core on the market at the moment. Apart from the ridiculous DDR3 & X58 pricing, i7 is the better choice to go for.

Pity you can't buy the new CPU and use it on the old mobo : (

Once more motherboard starts supporting i7 & DDR3, prices for DDR3 memory will drop significantly. So realistically speaking, by Q1 or Q2 of 2009 I should have a nice i7 machine for myself : )

There needs to be a demand in the market for the price to drop, and right now, pricing of the DDR2 memory is the main reason why people are holding back.

I got a new Bluethooth usb-adapter "nano" for connecting 3 phones to pc.

AND sorry for the bad quality.

21o9fg9.jpg

33kem2h.jpg

the 20 snt coin is only to see size.

I'm going to wait out on i7 and see what AMD bring out..Also I really like my x48 board and I'm happy with the speeds. Plus I really need a car this summer so I think I have other priorities..

I'm going to wait out on i7 and see what AMD bring out..Also I really like my x48 board and I'm happy with the speeds. Plus I really need a car this summer so I think I have other priorities..

To be honest, I'm not expecting anything magical from AMD. They have yet to beat the current quad core models, let alone i7.

X48 is a nice board, you shouldn't have to upgrade for at least 2 years or so.

Got this today (sharing with the bf, got 2 grips)
Feinwerkbau P44
p44.jpg

To be honest, I'm not expecting anything magical from AMD. They have yet to beat the current quad core models, let alone i7.

X48 is a nice board, you shouldn't have to upgrade for at least 2 years or so.

I'm just waiting to see what they bring out since they've done wonders with their ATI cards. Still I'm going to wait till maybe next year although I might get my hands on another 4870 if I can find one cheap. :)

I'm just waiting to see what they bring out since they've done wonders with their ATI cards. Still I'm going to wait till maybe next year although I might get my hands on another 4870 if I can find one cheap. :)

AMD is not responsible for the 4800 series, that's ATI's department. Just because they are merged together, doesn't mean AMD is now developing graphics card for ATI.

If it wasn't for their low priced quad core, I don't think many gamers will even consider their product.

Finally got confirmation on my Touch HD order, looks like i'll get it the day before Christmas :wall:

:-| "TDC, Good evening"
:cool: "Wheres my phone!!!"
:-| "Um.. I can see here that the order has been canceled"
:cool: ".... Why?"
:-| "Computer doesn't say"
:cool: "So you enjoy being the only web shop... In the whole world that don't notify it's costumers when you cancel their orders?"

Sigh.. They did the same thing last time i ordered a phone from them.. Fucking spasses..

Very cool, but I have to admit I like the look of the last one you bought a bit better. Ballin' either way!

Hehe, I think it looks funny too, but it's supposed to be one of the best air-pistols you can get, and shooting with it should improve my .22 shooting too :D I have beaten my bf a few times :mrgreen:

I've already posted this in the "What did you get for Christmas" thread, but I guess I can post it here since it is a "New Toy" as well.. (80GB PS3, controller, Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTA: IV). Again, apologies for the quality of the cellphone picture).

sendBinaryasp.jpg

As some of you might know, I've just bought a Toshiba 40" LCD HDTV :)

89-253-161-06.jpg