Woot! My first real car!!!!

E34lover

Car(s)
Nothing right now
Yeah for Christmas I got a 5 speed 1998 200sx SE with 140,000 miles on it. My aunt and Uncle got it for about 3,000. I know it's not a BMW or anything but I think it's an awesome car for my first car. We bought it from a mechanic shop where my uncle knows the owner. It has no scratches, no rust, perfect interior, a new clutch, new tires, and new wires. Honestly, I thought I would be disapointed if I got anything but a fast manual rwd car but I think this is a great first car. Plus if I really did hate this car my aunt said she was getting me something really nice for a graduation gift and that's only in about 1 1/2 years.

Anyway here is my car with it's all 115hp! :lol:

http://img243.imageshack.**/img243/6571/pc250007pr1.jpg
Doesn't it just scream POWER!!!!

http://img243.imageshack.**/img243/9607/pc250008na0.jpg

http://img384.imageshack.**/img384/673/pc250012kq9.jpg

What happened to the idea of a 240 or a miata?

That said, thats the only 200sx I've seen in good condition

Biggest pictures in the world..

Very nice! It's really a decent little car. You should have a lot of fun with it.

Next step should be some lightweight track time to really get a feel for it! :)

Steve

What happened to the idea of a 240 or a miata?

That said, thats the only 200sx I've seen in good condition

Yeah it was a suprise gift that I didn't know about. I still wish I got a 240 or Miata but I don't want to be a spoiled brat and complain about getting a free car.

Also sorry about the huge pics. I'm not used to using my uncle's camera.

I don't think I'm going to do major mods to a car like that. I might get a set of nice rims/tires, new stereo system, and do light modifications to the suspension but anything past that is kinda useless in a car like that.

Don't want to be a dick, but you could have gotten an SE-R for that money.

Don't want to be a dick, but you could have gotten an SE-R for that money.
Still looks pretty good for a free car, don't it? ;)

I can't believe I forgot about those little cars. The SR20 equipped SE-R is of course preferable (didn't they come with limited-slip differentials too?) but anyway, you're still looking at a car that weighs less than 2,400lbs and has 115hp and a 5 speed. That's a fun car no matter what wheels are being powered. Ha, you've got short overhangs and a handbrake to boot ... definitely fun :D.

I'll quit rambling now and just congratulate you. Good all around first car, and you got it for free. Can't ask for much more.

Nice find, they're really reliable cars. My family had a B14 Sentra that lasted 110,000 miles with the only problem being a broken power steering pump. (And a busted odometer, so you should probably take that what you will...:p) I hated it for the 10+ years we owned it, but after we sold it last year I kinda miss it now. :cry:

Welcome to the Nissan family! :) Pics of the interior!

Those are some seriously nobbly tyres! I am disappointed you got something FWD, but if it was going to be anything, that seems like what you'd want. It's exactly what you want, manual, clean, low milage and good overall condition.

A free car is always worth it. I got a 16 year old beaten up Mitsubishi Colt for my 18th birthday, perfect for learning how to drive properly :)

Enjoy the 405 and 10 with that manual :tease:

You need to get some sticky tires on there and head your backside up into the mountains 30 minutes to the north-west :thumbsup:

Enjoy the 405 and 10 with that manual :tease:

You need to get some sticky tires on there and head your backside up into the mountains 30 minutes to the north-west :thumbsup:

Thank the lord I don't use them. Also I'm about to start getting a little bit of money and maybe then I could just buy my own car.