Please enjoy 2009 quietly. This Is For Your Protection.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://www.thepress.co.uk/news/4004632.New_Year_noise_nuisance_warning_to_householders/

NEW Year revellers in York are being asked to spare a thought for their neighbours when parties to greet 2009 get into full swing next week.
City of York Council is offering some advice to people holding events at their houses ? as well as warning them that causing noise nuisance could see their celebrations being ruined by the threat of a fine.

The authority?s environmental protection unit said anybody planning a New Year party should let people living nearby ? and not just next door ? know about it in advance and tell them what time it finishes, as well as leaving them with a phone number and dealing with any inquiries politely.
They are also asked to keep the music down to an acceptable level, to avoid booking DJs or live bands unless they live in remote areas, ensure guests leave the party quietly and remember that, while one-off gatherings might be acceptable, staging them too frequently may eventually stretch their neighbours? patience too far.

?Causing a noise nuisance can lead to a noise abatement notice,? said a council spokesman. ?And failing to abide by the terms of the notice can lead to a prosecution, with fines up to ?5,000 and the seizure of stereos, TVs, DVDs and CDs.?
Anybody wanting advice on how to minimise noise from a party, or to complain about a noisy celebration, should phone the environmental protection unit on 01904 551555, or email environmental.protection@york.gov.uk
Enjoy your new year, York. York 2.0 has more features anyway, and it knows how to have a good time.

Now I am a person who despises noisy neighbors or people. But I understand days like the Fourth Of July And New Years are exceptions. I mean, c'mon.

It wouldn't be nearly so bad if they had just put a late "noise curfew" in effect (say, 3 or 4AM). I can understand being pissed off if there's a live-band-and-packed-house party going in a crowded neighborhood at 4AM, but like jayhawk said, it's new years...

"Our representatives will be patrolling the area to ensure full compliance with these new regulations, we would appreciate your cooperation for the good of all."

http://img267.imageshack.**/img267/2993/518527200pxcombineelitexa6.jpg

"You'll get this Bee Gees CD when you pry it from my cold dead hands! MY COLD DEAD HANDS I TELL YOU, MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"

Last edited:
wow, UK nannystate is bad.

This is why i choose to live in a house that's in the middle of nowhere, no-one to bother me and i can't bother anyone!

I think I'd blare this at midnight ...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psTUiQzNoxw[/YOUTUBE]

Send my a bloody invite with free booze and i won't report you!

pffft york.... the residents are either students who will not care, or old fogies who wont be able to hear

such an none issue, especially at new year.

and of course it would be the environmental protection unit... fucking bunch of communists the lot of them. giving them any form of power is a mistake.