HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I know my 2008 will be great too!

Man, I wish I was cool enough to have a holiday named after me. Pah! :roll: :cry:

My New Year's Resolutions:

Smack down 10 more nooblets than last year.
Be more misanthropic.
Increase sarcasm by 10%

So all New Year celebrations ( clubs, events) etc have been cancelled to mourn for the crisis in Gaza, but that doesn't bother me too much. Happy new year to everyone though!

Year went from bad to perfect last night.

Happy New Year FG!

Happy New Year FinalGear!!

Hmm, 80+minutes into it and 2009 doesn't feel any different so far...

Less than 11 hours to go here and I simply know I won't have this feeling for the first time in ages. 2009 hasn't even started and already has proven to be one of the most promising years to me so far. Many things will change, like it or not, and the biggest will happen in July/August, when I'll go to study in France.

So, I just want to say: Happy new year to everyone on FG!

Happy New Year! Still 7minutes to go so 2009 is nearly here for me.

Next year will be a big year, I've got what seems to be a crap teacher and then I have to do cadets, quite frankly I'm terrified of it all but I hope it isn't nearly as bad as I think it's going to be.

Edit: An hour into the new year and the excitement has tapered off.

That's the same thing you said last year and look what's happened.

Last edited:
2008 hasn't been a great year for many reasons. Our economic crisis has enveloped the world, the horrible series of terror attacks on India took the lives of many innocent civilians and the crisis in the afghanistan-pakistan region has continued to get worse. Still, there have been good things this year. The US turned over a new leaf by electing a non-brain dead president and hopefully his policies will help to reverse the crisis. I'd say 2009 has a potential to be really good or really bad. Here's to hoping it will be a safe and successful 2009 for all of us.

Happy New Year!

I'm getting slightly drunk, watching From the Earth to the Moon now.

Happy New Year, all! : D

I just saw 5 simultaneous fireworks displays from the balcony of my hotel room. Also a cruise ship blowing its horn at full blast for about 10 minutes. It's weird seeing new years in a densely packed resort town. I haven't had that experience since I went to Hawaii over winter break about 10 years ago.