the OFFICIAL Final Gear reputation system poll - please vote!!!

the OFFICIAL Final Gear reputation system poll - please vote!!!

• I like the system the way it is now

Votes: 41 19.6%
  • I like the system, but would rather it wasn't anonymous

Votes: 128 61.2%
  • I like the system, but would rather if rep power and/or blobbies are hidden

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • I don't like the system, and I would rather see it disabled altogether

Votes: 32 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. What are you on about? I didn't say majority of people here are idiots.

Then what are you on about? Was that previous comment just a general observation on the pros and cons of democracy? Who are you, Plato?

Oh yeah, nice edit, adding the word 'majority' in there. Well done, sir.

Stop being so angry, please.

Fine, but only if you start making some sense.

You already got outed as one of the people who were abusing the system. I don't see what you have to gain by still dissenting against it.

I'll start making sense when this whole rep-thing is over. Or maybe not, making sense is so boring.

Meh, I honestly don't care or even notice the system, as I have never given or received rep (positive or negative).

One observation though with the whole people posting to complain about getting annonymously neg-repped for no reason (or a pretty lame one), most of the people posting about it have so much positive rep that it (the neg-repping) really wouldn't make a difference to their rep anyway. I know it's the principle of it all, but....

EDIT: Thankyou to whoever + repped me after this post!! :D

Last edited:
I'll start making sense when this whole rep-thing is over. Or maybe not, making sense is so boring.
May I politely ask you to take it to another thread then? If you don't care about the rep system that's your choice, but since we're trying to elaborate actual changes here, we need this thread to discuss the details.

*looks at her rep list*
I'm all for un-anonymous because I actually have one that says "some people also know that if they left their name you'd bitch about it."
One is because they disagreed with some election comment I made, one is because they didn't like my car, two because apparently a sentence in capslock is offensive and one because I was validly dumb...
I think that less people will - rep for bitchy reasons if they can be called out on it.

I voted for reps no longer being anonymous. This is despite the fact that I, as a mod, already have my reps for and against me presented WITH the user-name. I can empathise with other members the frustration of getting neg-rep from some troll over something trivial or not worthy.

And my vote for anonymity to me removed is also despite the fact that I believe it will do little to change the problems we are facing now because people will still abuse it; thats where mods/admin should come in.

I think something as simple as a thread or a Report function where members can alert mods/admin of reputation that they've wrongly recieved would be a good idea to combat that minority of trolls/plain idiots who FAIL to understand how this system works and its intended purpose.

Anyways, I hope the majority of you get the intended outcome of this poll. I knew it was an important matter to this forum....but not quite as important as some people have made it seem.

May I politely ask you to take it to another thread then? If you don't care about the rep system that's your choice, but since we're trying to elaborate actual changes here, we need this thread to discuss the details.
You can ask if you want. But asking would reveal that you are annoyed by my presence in the thread so I would probably decline the offer and continue to annoy you.

I'm cool with either option 1 or 2 (Keep it/Keep it but remove anonimity respectively).

I voted option 1.

Democracy doesn't work if the people voting are idiots.

Hmm. What are you on about? I didn't say majority of people here are idiots.
:rolleyes:

You can ask if you want. But asking would reveal that you are annoyed by my presence in the thread so I would probably decline the offer and continue to annoy you.
Well then maybe I'll temp ban you for trolling in this thread. You have been warned....

Well then maybe I'll temp ban you for trolling in this thread. You have been warned....
Oh noes! :-o

I'll give you pos rep. Will that get me off the hook?

Oh noes! :-o

I'll give you pos rep. Will that get me off the hook?
No.

I'd stop posting in this thread if I were you. This thread is to be kept clean for discussion of the topic/poll raised in the first post.

How about a way to respond? Like, if someone gives you a negative feedback, you can add notes to it.

No real plan there, just thinking aloud.

I think something as simple as a thread or a Report function where members can alert mods/admin of reputation that they've wrongly recieved would be a good idea to combat that minority of trolls/plain idiots who FAIL to understand how this system works and its intended purpose.

Isn't that one of the functions of the "!!" button?

How about a way to respond? Like, if someone gives you a negative feedback, you can add notes to it.

No real plan there, just thinking aloud.

If you have their name you will be able to PM them.

Isn't that one of the functions of the "!!" button?
NO

DO NOT use the "!!" button for reporting rep comments. And no, I'm not shouting at you, I'm just making it clear that you don't use that button for that purpose....or else I'll get shouted at the superior :lol:

What I was proposing is a new button or thread (I prefer the more informal-thread) to report rep abuse. But thats at the hands of admin/mods as we all need to agree to such a thing, and that hasn't happened in the past. I'm just gauging interest.

Go blue! :cool:

Seriously, that's the right way. Probably.

I refuse to vote. As far as I'm concerned, this is all a bunch of irrelevant cockfighting. I mean, you don't start a band to become multi-platinum, you start one because you want to make music. The bands that do the former tend to be shit and never get off the ground.

Bottom line: Worry about content (which has dropped off somewhat lately), rather than an 8x10 image south of your screenname.

(Edit: I think this poll should just be advisory, and considered in addition to the comments within the thread.)

I never liked the rep system anyway. Besides it's mostly the noobs and users with less than 20 post counts that decides to neg -rep ppl for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.