First baby born in Dallas in 2009...

gtrietsc

Car(s)
'07 Ford F-150 FX4, '06 BMW M5
I feel sorry for the child to be honest, and the "mother" for that matter. Your late teens and early twenties are the best years of your life and to spend them bringing a child into the world isn't exactly my idea of fun.

That wouldn't even make the news over here.

15 and 20? Isn't that illegal?

Man, that's a life destined for a lot of FAIL right there.

Yea, 15 and 20 is illegal in Texas.

Also, the mom is in 8th grade, but she is 15. So she is already two grades behind.

Final irony - the girl gets maternity leave from school, but teachers in this state get none! How messed up is that?

Final irony - the girl gets maternity leave from school, but teachers in this state get none! How messed up is that?

I'm thinking the same thing! Ten bucks says she drops out at 16 anyway.

Let me put it this way congratz to her, but at the same time enjoy your last days of any sort of fun a lot of work is in your future..

I'm working in welfare now and see a lot of cases like this. My attitude now is that she may have made some bad decisions, but best of luck to her and her new family.

I know a girl who had twins before I knew her, and she was the same age as me! Mind you, she is a very good mother and she does exceptionally well at school. Her kids are very very cute too.

My parents were in their 30s when they had me and look how I turned out (hint: not too well).

I'd hate to see the adult that these parents will produce. But it's not all that weird. Britney's sister was only 15 or 16, as was the girl from the Kiwi movie Whale Rider.

Hmm, if this kid's given birth at 15, and her kid could (potentially) have a child by 15...

You could be a grandmother at 30 years old.

These's a scary thought...

What. The. FUCK.

She is a total idiot, having a child at 15. Haven't she got something else on? Like, for instance, be a 15 year old?
Also, I'd like to know what the 20 year old guy thought while making her pregnant... "That can only end well" :?

Hmm, if this kid's given birth at 15, and her kid could (potentially) have a child by 15...

You could be a grandmother at 30 years old.

These's a scary thought...

I remember reading something somewhere about a woman being a 27-year-old grandmother.

In other news, those of you ready to lynch the construction worker over this need to realize that in Mexico (look at the names and location), this is a common occurance.

The Quincea?era or Quince a?os is, in parts of Africa, Europe and the Americas, a girl's celebration of her fifteenth birthday, which is commemorated in a unique and different way from her other birthdays.

Influence of mixed modern life has changed some of the celebrations, but for many Mexican Families, they still preserve these traditions, and the common goal of celebrating the young woman's fifteenth birthday and acknowledging her transition to young womanhood.

Condom.jpg

Fernanda said she lives with her boyfriend, a 20-year-old construction worker
Wait, um...why is this in the news and he's not in jail yet? Assuming that implies he's the father, doesn't that constitute statutory rape?