Random Thoughts....

Somewhere a neo-enivromentalist's head just exploded.

I hope they all do, thus ending idiotic, senseless politics in the natural sciences, which is what the environmental movement is, first and foremost.

Last edited:
The cold spell is here, and it's not off to a good start:

the local NBC affiliate said:
The Sawyer County Sheriff's Department says a 51-year-old Hayward man has died from exposure to cold in northern Wisconsin.

Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle says the man was found Tuesday about 190 yards from his home after his son reporting him missing.

Zeigle says the son indicated his father was prone to sleep walking and deputies followed bare foot tracks in the snow to find the man. His name was not released pending notification of relatives.

The National Weather Service says the temperature in Hayward plunged to 16 below zero Tuesday morning. One resident outside the city says it got to minus 22 at his home. The weather service says the cold will continue through Friday, with wind chills reaching up to 55 below zero in parts of northern Wisconsin.

Hot spell begun here yesterday. 41 degrees, although luckily I was down at Victor Harbour for a few days on the beach. Back in the city now, unfortunately.

I've been on here for a few years, but I'm still baffled when the Aussie people talk about summer when it's so cold here.

We got rid of the snow, after like two weeks, and it's not even too cold any more. It stays up above zero usually, so now we're back to trusty old incessant rain. Oh well, I'll take rain over snow and/or frigid temps.

Does anyone here watch Nip/Tuck from FX? The new season is off to a pretty good start.

Hot spell begun here yesterday. 41 degrees, although luckily I was down at Victor Harbour for a few days on the beach. Back in the city now, unfortunately.

Was supposed to get to 39c here today but I don't think that it happened. It was hot as hell this morning though (when I got to work at 8:10 this morning it was 31c)

Also just got a letter in the mail from the university, my mum got a scholarship to do her honours year (she did mature age study and finished her Bach of science majoring in environmental science (no not hippy style - resource management etc) and mathematics (she has a passion for mathematics, hence earning her the nickname the crazy lady) Me, my brother and my mum are all Monash students :p

Very high 30s in Sydney and i went to watch tennis. :idiot:

The cool change is here, thank god. I'm not a hot weather person at all, it really tires me out and the fact that I have a strenuous job makes it worse. Lugging around a vacuum cleaner in a stinking hot warehouse during the hottest part of the day is sooooo fun. :rolleyes:

I left work at 5:30 and couldn't touch my steering wheel for ages. I need a wheel cover, or at least a windscreen cover that fits the Jazz. I've only got a spare one from my mum's car, but it's too small for the larger glass area on mine. I would've parked in the underground carpark instead, but because I'm on an afternoon only shift at work in the middle of the week, the damn thing's always full, so I fork out to the local council to use a ticketed lot blocks and blocks away from where I have to be. <_< Parking absolutely sucks around here.

/I'll stop there, I'm afraid I'm in rather a ranting mood. There is heaps of crap that's happened in the last few days I could go on about, but I'll spare everyone.

Edit: Just noticed my post count. 222, random LOL!

Last edited:
Same story always and everywhere. Thousands of peaceful protesters and a bunch of masked scum ruining it for everyone. Happened here in Antwerp as well with some anti-gaza-war demonstrations.

I left work at 5:30 and couldn't touch my steering wheel for ages. I need a wheel cover, or at least a windscreen cover that fits the Jazz. I've only got a spare one from my mum's car, but it's too small for the larger glass area on mine.

I hear you with the windscreen cover. I use a standard sized one and use the...uh...sunshadey flappy things you flip down from the ceiling (yes, eloquent today) to hold it up. Luckily I didn't have to worry about baking hot car yesterday though, my sister's been dropping me at work every morning so she can use the car during the day to build up her hours (she's on her Ls). Only bad thing is now my car has some serious curb rash on the left wheels :shakefist:

Also I'm home sick for a couple of days and god I am bored. endless TV watching is awful. Luckily my sister gave me a burnt DVD of Robin Hood: Men in Tights so tomorrow will be better.

Actually you probably can, but my arrangement works well and doesn't leave suction cap marks on my windscreen for bogan deros to think I have four GPS devices to steal.

So early friday morning I woke up because it felt like someone had stabbed me in my stomace, it hurt like crazy, I took a couple of painkillers and after 30-45 mins fell asleep again.
When I woke up again I didn't feel 100% ok, but it didn't hurt, that came back later and so went my whole weekend.
Monday I go to my doctor, turns out I have a muscle that I did something bad to and now it's payback time :glare: and the only thing I can do about it is wait, eat painkillers and put one of those heated pillows on it 15 mins a couple of times a day.

That's the thing, I don't remember doing something extreme, I was at taekwondo training wednesday but it wasn't that hard, but it was the first training since dec. 17th maybe that's it :think:

Shit, I've just been told Patrick McGoohan has died.
The Prisoner may have made absolutely no sense, and mainly had a plot that involved a man in a nice suit being chased around the Portmeirion shore by a massive beach ball, but it was brilliant. R.I.P.