Lens Flair

The camera engineer in Japan is only following the standards that were set by the pioneers in photography. You obviously have no idea about photography, but just like to snap shots. Do you even know what medium grey is? Or dynamic range? What about the relationship between ASA and ISO? The difference between 12 bit and 14 bit raw? Or how a histogram works? How to set white balance using levels and curves?
*waits for Nomix to respond...*
68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif

Photographs are supposed to be printed and not viewed on the monitors
Says who?

Last edited:
They're meant to do both, that's why you need everything calibrated and complete control over the profiles for them to match.

I've noticed that my prints look pretty close to my uncalibrated monitor, lacking only a little bit of saturation and contrast. It's even closer if I use colour management in PhotoPaint. Is that adequate?

post some pictures.. its OT now and sorry for that :rolleyes:

Ooh, thanks, I like those reactions :) It's just ice. Several feet of it.

I took a trip recently (not a vacation, mind you; a medical trip) to a place that never sees any real amount of snow, ice or cold. So, I've been trying to see the area where I live with "different eyes".

ice formations, plain ice on lake i assume?

Very nice dramatic pic.

The camera engineer in Japan is only following the standards that were set by the pioneers in photography. You obviously have no idea about photography, but just like to snap shots. Do you even know what medium grey is? Or dynamic range? What about the relationship between ASA and ISO? The difference between 12 bit and 14 bit raw? Or how a histogram works? How to set white balance using levels and curves?

I fail to see what you are getting at, Sir. But I might inform you that I make my income as a press photographer.

Thank you.

Awww, cute SileNceR!

jakd, am I correct in guessing that's the steps of the Sydney Opera House? I'm going there next weekend to watch Top Gear Live 8)
Yep, nailed it... wish top gear live was there when I was in the country, sadly i dont think they'll ever come to California :cry:.

Then you should be even more in tune with everything I said.
And you should perhaps take into account that your attack on me was completely without cause, without reason, and failed in all ways.