Top Gear: Great Adventures 2 DVD

apparently the running time is 141 minutes, since the average Top Gear episode is 60 mins and the vietnam special is 75 minutes which gives us a total of 135 minutes so thats a extra 6 minutes of Top Gear right there... well i'm sold already. an official Top Gear DVD release is more than enough to warrant me getting one. kinda balances out the karma from downloading TG all the time.

Just as long as it is coming to Australia sometime this year, I'm happy. Any extras will only sweeten the deal.

I hope the extra 6 minutes is on the Botswana special.
That one was way better than the Vietnam special IMHO.

On my wish list - I loved the Botswana special, one of my all time fav's along with Pola special I think. HD anyone know?

According to Play.com:

Special Features

* Audio Commentary with Executive Producer Andy Wilman and Crew Members
* Botswana Night Footage
* Photo Gallery
* Deleted Scenes

:D

thanks, if i weren't sold before i'm definitely am now.

Why is March 23 so far away?

Yes! :) Loved both specials, though Botswana was better. Extra footage... hopefully extra jokes as well...
I'm sold, too.

Excellent!:thumbsup:

I'm going to combine that purchase with Oz and James's new DVD. :D
(Yes, I have the torrents, but only because I can't wait till March to see them.
I do enjoy having the discs properly boxed.
My region-free DVD player was the best $90 I ever spent, though you can hack into some DVD players to convert them to region "0".):D

yup, getting that fo' sho'

I still don't really understand why any of you want to buy a DVD that is exactly the same as the shows you saw a year ago and a just over a month ago, because you most likely have them on your PC or on DVDs already.

It won't be HD, because if I remember right the whole reason for not having the show on BBC HD was because they didn't have any HD cameras.

It's not HD, but it's still much better quality than the rips we get here, so you can see all the detail and watch it on your TV instead of your computer screen. The Vietnam special featured some very beautiful scenery and I wanted to snapshot one of the scenes, but the resolution is too low to fully enjoy it.

And plus, as mentioned earlier, it'll feel good to actually pay money for TG since we get all the episodes for free, while British taxpayers have to pay for it.

Hope neither of them are hacked about though, like the DVD release of the America special was?

I still don't really understand why any of you want to buy a DVD that is exactly the same as the shows you saw a year ago and a just over a month ago, because you most likely have them on your PC or on DVDs already.

I like to show my financial support to things I enjoy and cherish. And since I don't pay the "tele tax" used to fund the show, by buying the DVDs I feel like I am helping.

I'm in for a pre order.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

It's not HD, but it's still much better quality than the rips we get here, so you can see all the detail and watch it on your TV instead of your computer screen. The Vietnam special featured some very beautiful scenery and I wanted to snapshot one of the scenes, but the resolution is too low to fully enjoy it.

And plus, as mentioned earlier, it'll feel good to actually pay money for TG since we get all the episodes for free, while British taxpayers have to pay for it.

I like to show my financial support to things I enjoy and cherish. And since I don't pay the "tele tax" used to fund the show, by buying the DVDs I feel like I am helping.

That's true, I forgot about that completely. I also forgot that I watch it on cable here so the quality issue doesn't affect me. :)

I did just make a post about this, actually (sorry, I'm new and just joined) but is 23rd March the official date it comes out? I've seen March 1st, too, which offers up some confusion!

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Yes, just think! I pay everytime you download a TG torrent. Feel ashamed!!!:unsure:

:p