Woofle's ABCDarth Duct Tape Project

Are you going to do anything for ventilation, like put in a small case fan? It's probably going to get hot in that thing, and your lenses might start fogging up. It's looking ace so far, though! :thumbup:

You know how I know you're gay?

Dude Guinness rocks...

Oh wait yeah there were two half naked rather attractive looking chicks in that pictures...

But there was also Guinness.

Are you going to do anything for ventilation, like put in a small case fan? It's probably going to get hot in that thing, and your lenses might start fogging up. It's looking ace so far, though! :thumbup:

Oh then you have to add a small battery in the chest plate to run the fan plus some blinking LEDs.

as far as ventilation, thats a good idea but I'm not sure how to jury rig a battery to a cpu fan which is all I've got, I was playing for a while with the breathing vent to try and get it to make a noise similar to Vader's wheezy breathing sound but nothing really came of that. As far as torso plate blinking lights are concerned, I have a strict $20 budget so i cant really do that :(

EDIT: nevermind, just looked it up the fan thing looks incredibly easy, i might even pick up a switch from radioshack :yes:

DOUBLEDIT: ACTUALLY, as long as I'm doing that i could house all the ventilation shuff in my torso pack and hook a light up to the switch as well. Can anyone show me how to do that? maybe 2 or 3 lights if its do-able ill bust mu budget and buy a blank circuit board too and wire it all up.

Last edited:
Vader's wheezy sound is fairly easy to replicate, somehow rigging batteries to a costume involved in a party seems to be just inviting disaster or something to go wrong. also even with a fan i'd be willing to bet that a long time in it you'd get hot in it anyway so its probably for the best only to use it sparingly.
still, imagination is usually the best thing to be using in this.

it shouldn't get too rowdy plus plus it might even be a bit safer if they see lights and know theres something electronic goin on in there. I'll take the proper precautions. If you could figure out how to make the noises that would be fantastic, i ahvent had anything close. I can do it myself perfectly but to actually try breathing like that sucks

Last edited:
well the first thing that comes to mind is a little speaker and connect it to a mp3 player, download a mp3 file of vader breathing and loop it. although that is very technically minded and not even i would know how to do that. maybe some good headphones and crank them up loud.
i do remember couple years ago that toy shops were selling Darth Vader voice changers. or possibly if they sell something like this near you http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubies-Dart...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1233689020&sr=8-1
i'll have a look around and if i find something or get a sudden flash of inspiration i'll let you know.

as far as ventilation, thats a good idea but I'm not sure how to jury rig a battery to a cpu fan which is all I've got, I was playing for a while with the breathing vent to try and get it to make a noise similar to Vader's wheezy breathing sound but nothing really came of that. As far as torso plate blinking lights are concerned, I have a strict $20 budget so i cant really do that :(

EDIT: nevermind, just looked it up the fan thing looks incredibly easy, i might even pick up a switch from radioshack :yes:

DOUBLEDIT: ACTUALLY, as long as I'm doing that i could house all the ventilation shuff in my torso pack and hook a light up to the switch as well. Can anyone show me how to do that? maybe 2 or 3 lights if its do-able ill bust mu budget and buy a blank circuit board too and wire it all up.

You can't thank Chaos and I by string a NSFW pic thread about this party.

As for wiring stuff up I know shit about electronics I am only good with mechanical things.

Do you have an old Walkman lying around? If so you could record a full tape of vader breathing and wire it up to some tiny speakers like old computer speakers. You could do the same thing with a MP3 player but if something bad happens I would rather have it happen to an old walkman then a decent MP3 player.

You mean Google is not the force?

well i'd like to claim it is but then George Lucas will come along and claim that Google isn't the force, its just a bunch of midi-chlorians coming together to make it 'look' like the force.
i could come up with a ton of responses but at the risk of putting myself further into the 'star wars nerd' grave i'm gonna stop there.

No, the duct tape is the force - it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

damn you! why didn't i think of that. +1 for that.

UPDATE: Uinfortunately i was busy working away when i got the call that the party got busted pretty early on....So i need to find something else to use this thing for. Least that gives me infinitely more time to work on it and do it up

UPDATE: Uinfortunately i was busy working away when i got the call that the party got busted pretty early on....So i need to find something else to use this thing for. Least that gives me infinitely more time to work on it and do it up

And a bigger budget!

and the chance to sort out any mistakes and any imperfections.

UPDATE: Uinfortunately i was busy working away when i got the call that the party got busted pretty early on....So i need to find something else to use this thing for.
The next party when the one that got busted gets rescheduled?