"Fifth Gear Europe" ?

Alpha-Toxic

First of all I should say "Hello" to everyone. I've been browsing the forum for more than a year, but I did not have anything to write about (until now).

Now to the point:
Has anyone heard about a Fifth Gear spinoff show called "Fifth Gear Europe"?

I live in Bulgaria and our local version of Discovery Channel runs Fifth Gear (at least a month later, they need to translate it first). So about 10 days ago as I was browsing the channels I saw Johnny reviewing a white Golf 6 (ring any bells?). I don't remember that from S14 so one of my eyebrows started rising slowly. Then the commercials came and the show cap was different and said "Fifth Gear Europe". Here my other eyebrow started rising, too. At this point some new guy with heavy accent started talking about some new KIA plant in eastern Europe. As I have already ran out of eyebrows, I just gave up and stopped looking for any sense.

Now I watched S15E1 and saw the same Golf segment. I really have no idea what is going on so could someone please enlighten me? Pretty please?

All I could find is this http://www.tvsa.co.za/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3635&day=2008-12-28&c=1 but it doesn't help that much either.

Thanks in advance.

I managed to make a rip of what is supposed to be episode 3.
- Jonny and Tom race each other through a traffic jam near Paris.
- Tim Schrick test Maserati Quattroporte S
- Frank Jacobs (?) goes to a tractor pulling event
- Bruno Senna races a SLR at the N?rburgring

As I'm a complete noob at ripping, so the rip came out too big (600MB) and the ads are still in. I'll try to fix it and upload it somewhere. Also note that I'm at my parents right now and their internet connection is very slow...

screens:

PS: The pics have wrong aspect ratio. Which is weird, cause when I start the video it's OK.

PS2: it seems that the IRC is still down (or at least I can't get to it). I was hoping to get some realtime advice on what to do with the rip... (me = noob) It would be even better if I could just give it to someone that knows what he is doing and has the bandwidth to seed.

Last edited:
Ey? Tim schrick in fifth gear? Is this just cut in from DMotor or does he speak english for fg? Upload somewhere please

The entire thing is in English (with accent in Schrick's case). The subtitles are Bulgarian.

share it somewhere on the torrents.. ??? ? ??????? ;)

I'm guessing it's a mish-mash of DMotor and Fifth Gear.

Alpha> in which day/hour and discovery channel is originally displayed?

ps. Thanks for the link - I'll share it long enough

This one was Friday @ 17:30
In the schedule I have it says "Fifth Gear" at 17:00 (1h long), but it's actually 30min of the real "Fifth Gear" and then another 30min of "Fifth Gear Europe"

There is another batch on Monday @ 12:00, but I don't know if that is a different episode or one is a rerun of the other.

It was quite bad in my opinion.. Almost makes real fifth gear seem exciting. Also, Tim sounds like a robot in english :)

who cares about his pronunciation as long as he is driving and sharing really trustful info

This show is being broadcast on the European Discovery Channel network, I take it? Wiki notes that in 2006 the Discovery Channel in Slovenia shifted it's content towards shows about motoring and mechanics.

@Kiskaloo: something like that. I don't know how Discovery Channel's network is structured, so I have no idea which countries have similar content and schedules, but it seems to be on in a bunch of European countries.

On a side note:
I can't provide rips for the rest of the episodes. Initially I thought I can, but after that episode above I couldn't even watch the rest. I'm sorry if I have disappointed anyone waiting for them :( . Looking at the comments, it was not exactly a hit, but still... anything was better than nothing.

I'll try to look for some rips, reruns or whatever cause I also want to see the rest, but I can't promise anything.

Hi budz, whats new on fifth gear Europe?

Yeah it's only on Discovery Channel Europe, almost every evening here.

Frank Jacobs (?) goes to a tractor pulling event

Frank is a dutch motor journalist.

Last edited: