A quick auto insurance quote study, so to speak

Bubs360

Car(s)
'91 Sentra SE-R, 2003 Triumph Speed Triple 955i
I was playing around with car insurance quotes today and came up with this, since we all know how much cheaper car insurance is for women. I decided to do all the same information, same age, same background, same car. The only difference is the gender between both quotes. I went with a popular insurance company but censored their name to avoid any issues.

Short version at bottom
Steve12.jpg

Steve2.jpg

Steve3.jpg

Steve4.jpg

Steve5.jpg

Steve6.jpg

Steve7.jpg

Jane2.jpg

Jane3.jpg

Jane4.jpg

Jane5.jpg

Jane6.jpg

Jane7edit.jpg

Jane8.jpg

Jane9edit.jpg

Jane10.jpg

Jane11edit.jpg

Here's the math for "paid in full". Male: $3,879 x 2(for year's coverage) = $7,758
Here's the math for "paid in full" Female: $3,792 x 2(for year's coverage) = $7,584
So that's a $174 difference per year, given you pay in full. That's with the woman killing someone in a drag race and the male with a clean record.

-or-

Male (clean)- $661.64 per month x12 (for year's coverage) = $7,939.68
Female (racing/homicide) - $646.80 per month x12 (for year's coverage) = $7,761.6

$178.08 difference

__

Did this again with a 2002 Buick Century.
Both use "Recommended" Liability-Only option. Both have clean records.
Male: $269.72 per month - or -- $1,580.00 paid in full (six months)
Female: $219.55 per month -- or -- $1,283.00 paid in full (six months)

That's a nearly $300 difference in "paid in full" for six months and a whopping $594 difference per year! Or $269.72 / monthx12 = $3,229.44 vrs $219.55/monthx12 = $2634.60 for a difference of $594.84. So guys are getting screwed about equally regardless of how they pay.

Last edited:
wow, that's absolutely insane. Too bad nothing will ever be done about it probably.

Haha, oh wow! That is insane! I really hope it's not the same here in Sweden.

Sexists!!! :(

Supposedly it has to do something that woman don't make as my bone head decisions as men... Although I really don't know..

Sexists!!! :(

Supposedly it has to do something that woman don't make as my bone head decisions as men... Although I really don't know..

Probably because woman generally do this:
Woman_driver.jpg

While men often do this:
DSCF6807.jpg

On average women are involved in more slow speed "fender benders" where as males are more likely to be involved in an accident that writes of a car.

That is what I have been told by insurance companies before. But hey, what do I care, I have to deal with ICBC where I get to pay for the average of other people's accidents, male or female.

I can just look at my parents - my father hasn't had a single accident in the almost 20 years i've been alive. My mother on the other hand, has ruined an engine in our old VW, almost totalled a Fiat Punto, and made some pretty serious dents in our current Suzuki Swift.
The VW because she ignored the overheating warning light for too long, the two other because she drove into the back of the cars in front - she has a tendency to drive quite close to car in front of her. It's not excactly road rage, but a bit of agressive driving once in a while.. :)

I've been driving 1.5 years now and not a single dent - quite proud of that, since basically all of my friends have been involved in accidents of one kind or the other :p

At a younger age there probably should be a difference between men and women - men will crash more. But as they get older, i think it tends to even out.
But that's just me making up stuff. The insurance companys must have some statistics on these kinds of things.

*Edit*

Just did the same check for a Danish insurance company:

Male, Age 19, Subaru Impreza WRX, clean record: 3390USD per year
Female, Age 19, same car, clean record: 2640USD per year

Male, Age 50, same car and clean record: 430USD per year
And that was the same for female driver, age 50.

Last edited:
It is all about statistics. Young male drivers are the most likely to do significant damage to a car. Think back to high school and you will agree with them.

In Michigan they were able to sue insurance companies for discrimination, but that doesn't matter because they have no-fault insurance which is about as stupid as anything.

It is all about statistics. Young male drivers are the most likely to do significant damage to a car. Think back to high school and you will agree with them.

I'm 18, drive safe and have not even come close to being in an accident (except for hitting black ice alone on a back road), and I know girls who have been pulled over for all sorts of serious violations, including doing 50 in a 25. They all never got a ticket. If I roll a stop sign in the middle of the night, I get a fine and lose my license for 45 days on the spot. It's the Under-20 law but I call it the "Under 20 MALE law".

They use violation statistics too right? Women are able to get away with more violations and, in many instances, accident fault due to certain "circumstances". :rolleyes:

I love CR, insurance is optional down here :D

It's not required in my state either, it's just kind of a necessity since people are so stupid and lawsuit-happy.

Did this again with a 2002 Buick Century.
Both use "Recommended" Liability-Only option. Both have clean records.
Male: $269.72 per month - or -- $1,580.00 paid in full (six months)
Female: $219.55 per month -- or -- $1,283.00 paid in full (six months)

That's a nearly $300 difference in "paid in full" for six months and a whopping $594 difference per year! Or $269.72 / monthx12 = $3,229.44 vrs $219.55/monthx12 = $2634.60 for a difference of $594.84. So guys are getting screwed about equally regardless of how they pay.

Last edited:
May I offer up My parents automotive history and that of me and my brother (both male):

Mother - who learnt to drive in egypt from my dad teaching her and bribing the official to give her a license (seriously!). Eventually she took a full driving test in Canada and passed with flying colors.
Since learning to drive she has had ZERO accidents where she was at fault. She has had ONE minor fender-bender where an old bloke took her right of way. Police report gave the old bloke 100% fault - although it must be said, this was his first accident in over 45 years of driving! He was really devastated and really apologetic - he even bought my mom flowers and inquired how the repairs on the car were going.. a really nice guy.

Dad - me and my bro call him captain crash :D
He has ruined his motorbike on several occasions in Egypt and Dubai (he gave biking up after I was born), his Chevy Caprice Wagon (in Canada), his Jeep Grand Wagoneer in Venezuela several times (but always managed to get it fixed with his mechanic buddy) and since we moved back to Germany has constantly bashed the crap out of his Merc. His best crash was when he firmly embedded the Grand Wagoneer into a Benz S-Class driven by a former "miss world" in Caracas!! The one time where it wasn't his fault (she took his right of way) and it couldn't have been a nicer accident "partner" - he is still smitten about her until this day :D Alas the Benz was a write-off but the Wagoneer was easily resurected (full-frame Detroit Iron FTW!)

My bro: ruined my moms Corsa on a patch of black ice. He got sent straight off the road without warning and flipped twice. The car was totalled but thankfully he and his two mates got out unscathed. The best part: the cops that came to help them slid their patrol car on the black ice and almost put it in the ditch as-well :D

Myself: I ruined my first ever car which was a piece of crap Ford-Fiasco (read Fiesta) by driving it into the back of a road legal Soviet Tank (actually called a Lada Niva - but who are those russians fooling?). The Lada was all OK, the Fiasco was totalled.

So between the female and male drivers of my family there is no real comparison - which sadly supports the insurers claims that we men are more expensive... but then again - who has the most fun?? :D

What you (topic starter) fail to realize is without a full quote by giving you social security number and the insurance company doing a driving record check you can expect those numbers to be much higher and much different. And vehicluar homicide would almost prevent that girl from every getting any insurance that won't cost her $500/mo or more.

Dang, you have to do all that crap just for flipping' quote? MPI's rate calculator has, like, 10 fields that you fill out and it takes 30 seconds.

I'm pretty sure I know what insurer that is, just did an online quote with them in search of low insurance for cheap cars.

Thats statistics for you... women are less accident prone, so they pay less... don't look for more cause that's the only reason...