No 56k: An Update On My GTC

Polygon

Car(s)
LeBaron GTC, Stealth R/T TT, N-SRT-4
When I posted my cars up originally my LeBaron GTC was painted a rather ugly color and had some nice rust, well, it's in the process of getting painted and the body work done. Just thought I'd post up some pics.

Before:

Rear%20Quarter%20Damage.jpg

Rear%20Quarter%20Rust.jpg

Rocker%20Extension%20Damage.jpg

Rocker%20Rear%20Damage.jpg

Rust.jpg

After:

Body%20Work%201.jpg

Body%20Work%202.jpg

Left%20Rocker.jpg

Right%20Rocker.jpg

Front%20Pre-Paint.jpg

Hood.jpg

Rear%20Pre-Paint.jpg

Trunk%20Close%20Up.jpg

Trunk%20Lid.jpg

Paint%20Close%20Up.jpg

Bumpers.jpg

Painted%20Front.jpg

Side%20Painted.jpg

Now all that needs to be done is fixing some errors like that fake vent on the quarter panels and then it just need to be buttoned back up. Then I can get it back and put on the new brake system and suspension. Then it will be ready for a track day.

Last edited:
Wow! Never seen one of those before being tuned. What are your plans? (have any motivational pics of other tweaked GTC's?) Oh, and is that the famous Turbo 4 that in all the famous american hotrods? (yeah, I can't remember the name)

Yeah its the Chrysler 2.2 that sounds like at tractor but can deliver prodigious amounts of power.

Wow! Never seen one of those before being tuned. What are your plans? (have any motivational pics of other tweaked GTC's?) Oh, and is that the famous Turbo 4 that in all the famous american hotrods? (yeah, I can't remember the name)

Nah the Turbo IV was used the year after mine in the 1990. It used the first VNT turbo in a passenger car. Which were great stock but got really pissy when you mod them. Mine is the Turbo II, which is the most popular setup to tune in these cars. As for other GTCs, I don't have any real motivation from any of them. I honestly think that I'm the only person that owns one putting this much effort into one. I've even been scoffed at for the idea of using an EBC.

TD owners are notoriously cheap. When I get it back it's getting Koni dampers and Eibach springs and all new bushings and an all new brake system. Also, it needs a new clutch which is on it's way. I need to reinstall the new gray interior with some personal tweakings to make it somewhat better. It already has a 3" mandrel bent exhaust. Then it's onto the engine with a custom header and intake, and fuel to support a Garrett GT3576R with enough boost to run around 350WHP. Of course the engine will be pulled rebuilt, balanced,and blueprinted. The head with have some serious work done to it to flow better.

Yeah its the Chrysler 2.2 that sounds like at tractor but can deliver prodigious amounts of power.

LOL, it does, but I like it.

http://www.synapsepc.com/Hosting/CarDomain/GTC/Images/Page%204/exhaust.mp3

This is how it sounds like now with the 3" mandrel bent from the cat back. Still need to install the down pipe and swing valve. Still waiting to buy the new turbo for that.

How much for the paint job? I suspect it wont be a small amount, because it looks pretty damn good from the pictures. Nice choice of color too.

I don't know yet. I've only paid for the body work, which was about $4,000. The paint shouldn't be more than $3,000 as they quoted me $6,900 total. Thanks, I love that color. I saw it on a Mustang at a car show and knew that's what I was going to have to paint that car. It's from House of Kolor. The pictures don't do it justice.

Also, if anyone feels like pointing it out, yes I already know I exceeded the value of the car by about five times, but I don't care. :)

Respect for your Turbo Chrysler! I've always been a huge fan of these cars...just not the LeBarons lol :)

The thing that I'm thinking right now is that if I had the money you spent on mods and paintjob, I would have gotten the Daytona IROC R/T. Have you ever considered that?