The official Force india thread.

schumcaher4life

force-india-thead-1201.jpg

Everything about force india will now go here.As force india are a up and coming team i thought it was only right they had the own thread.

I would also like to know where people think they might come in races now they have a good engine and a energy recovery pack on the way.

Plus any funny picture related to force India please post, we all like a laugh.:D

Last edited:
So you're telling me that eventhough we have no Brawn, McLaren, Ferrari, Toyota, Red Bull, Renault, Toro Rosso, Williams, or BMW threads, we really need a Force India thread?

Boy, there's gonna be a hive of activity over here....:p

Hahahaha!

Umm...hang on, I'll have a go at this.

Well my estimation of Force India is that yes, they're a growing team, but I simply can't see them making the necessary steps to join the front runners. In modern F1 terms they're a very small team still based out of the old Jordan factory in Silverstone and as far as I know they dont have the resources or manpower to build and develop a front running car. I dont know of any expansion plans (granted I havent really taken much of an interest) and it seems they're just treading water for now.

Ok they not going to be running for championships but there is f1 which means they can have a thread about them. Plus they finished better than ferrari today. Even though i have supported ferrari for like ever i thought people should give force india a chance. They have money thats all they need to be fast in f1.

They have money thats all they need to be fast in f1.

Two things wrong there. Compared to all the other teams, they actually have very little money, and while money can get you a long way in F1, Toyota are a great example that money wont buy you success. Mallya is a rich man who could throw as many rupees into the team as he wants, but as I said before they dont have the infrastructure or technical depth and therefore cannot maintain constant development of their car through-out the season in the same way that McLaren will. Both teams are close at the moment, watch how big the gap will be when we get to the final round.

Dont get me wrong, I like Force India and all, but I simply can't see them being successful anytime soon. It's all very great to say how good things will be in two-three years time, but they need direction and stability which comes with a rock solid development plan. Over the past year and a bit, I've seen no evidence that this is the case.

Last edited:
Two things wrong there. Compared to all the other teams, they actually have very little money, and while money can get you a long way in F1, Toyota are a great example that money wont buy you success. Mallya is a rich man who could throw as many rupees into the team as he wants, but as I said before they dont have the infrastructure or technical depth and therefore cannot maintain constant development of their car through-out the season in the same way that McLaren will. Both teams are close at the moment, watch how big the gap will be when we get to the final round.

Dont get me wrong, I like Force India and all, but I simply can't see them being successful anytime soon. It's all very great to say how good things will be in two-three years time, but they need direction and stability which comes with a rock solid development plan. Over the past year and a bit, I've seen no evidence that this is the case.

Ferrari and maclaren had to start some where.

Ferrari started back when Formula One started in 1950. Back then, money wasn't an issue. There was no sponsorship, no complicated aerodynamics, just a load of car makers coming together for an auto race. McLaren started again back in the 1960s I believe. Again, no sponsorship, no winds tunnels, just a New Zealander and his shed.

Today, teams can only start with major backing from a huge auto manufacturer or from buying an already existing team in the case of Force India. Or if you have bucket loads of cash and previous experience in other motorsports. More often than not, the small teams will fail.

Yes they did, but they grew with the sport though so they're probably not your best example.

I'll help you out. Red Bull Racing are the closest example I can think of in that they bought a concern (Jaguar) and it's factory/workforce, in much the same way Mallya bought the old Spyker/Midland/Jordan outfit. Jaguar however had a decent factory and decent workforce which has only been supplemented by Dietrich Matersich as he's hired top people such as Adrian Newey, Geoff Willis and Mark Smith. Mallya bought a concern that was past it's best when Jordan had ownership, and hadn't been improved by the Midland or Spyker organisations when they had control. The workforce is largely fragmented and therefore not conductive to good car design (the same concept we've seen is the same that pioneered the 2004 Jordan design, and even that wasn't especially good). They hired Gascoyne, but he's now gone for whatever reason.

With good financial backing, good infrastructure and good personnel, it's taken Red Bull five years to get anywhere near the front. Toyota have taken even longer. I therefore can't see FI making the steps required to become a front running team. They might have plans, but dont forget every other team out there is developing and growing as well. FI are starting from probably the lowest baseline and therefore have the most to improve, and I just dont think they have it in them to be anymore than competent midfield runners.

Last edited:
I'm sure they'd make a good call-centre, but an F1 operation? Well, somebody has to be at the back.

Also, is schumcaher a name we should know? Some up-coming driver?

Last edited:
I say the OP is racist and a supporter of the Apartite movement in South Africa. Schumcaher clearly means "Scum Kaffir".

I'm sure they'd make a good call-centre, but an F1 operation? Well, somebody has to be at the back.

Also, is schumcaher a name we should know? Some up-coming driver?

Very funny, one of the rules is not to make another account so i didn't i stuck with it.

^:p lol. Nuff said.

Super Aguri was my favorite team! Is it too late to make a thread for them?

Super Aguri was my favorite team! Is it too late to make a thread for them?

Only if I can make a thread for Onyx that long lived successful 90's F1 team...

Oh and Life too...