Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Awesome, or not awesome? (Please excuse the picture quality.)

IMG_0699.JPG

The wheels kinda suck, would've looked better with black 350z wheels, or stock black wheels. But it is cool.

what no shots of the engine bay?... Fucking Tease....

^one would hope that the underhood scene would match the exterior modifications interms of badassery

Mitty-Jaguar-REV__.jpg

This poster's ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to its newsletter.

Mitty-Jaguar-REV__.jpg

This poster's ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to its newsletter.

Looks like someone's going to be honoring Bob Tullius and his Group 44 cars. Well deserved - Tullius is the man that kicked open the doors for Jaguar's return to racing. The irony is that Tullius is *American*, not British, and brought home quite a lot of American (as well as not a few Euro) victories, first for BL and then for Jaguar; on top of which, he was far *more* successful than the actual factory teams for almost two decades.

g44.jpg

66-apr-25.gif

lr-80-tr8-injectd.jpg

doni14.jpg

doni13.jpg

vintage-2005-wg-al-1139.jpg

24724441.0GblxmNm.jpg

DSC_0242.JPG

Some believe that if Tullius hadn't had the racing success he'd had with Jaguar models, TWR would never have gotten interested in the XJS, and between them there would never have been the successful IMSA or LeMans efforts.

Edit: Sorry about all the pics, but successful race cars are automatically awesome, IMHO.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2009/03/28/17abr08081bp4.jpg

yeah I know it's from the previous page but CHRISTFUCK I have never felt more "do want" than I do now.
I don't even care if it has a 4banger inside, that looks so freaking awesome

yeah I know it's from the previous page but CHRISTFUCK I have never felt more "do want" than I do now.
I don't even care if it has a 4banger inside, that looks so freaking awesome

Do you honestly believe that THAT has a 4 banger. I was thinking more along the lines of 427, or 383 or something.

No, afraid not :p

I think the smallest engine you could get in a corvette of that generation was a 305.

I think the smallest engine you could get in a corvette of that generation was a 305.

This is the reason I love american muscle cars. Imagine hearing the discussions over at the dealerships:

"No sir, I am afraid you can not have anything under 5 liters"

Awesome. :mrgreen: