2009 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

No, the race stewards never forced mclaren or goldenboy to lie. Dont justify mclaren or hamilton's actions by blaming it on the fia, as they have every right to know the truth and the instructions given by the team boss to the driver. Its rather simple, both the team and driver lied, so its only fair to punish them both.

MadCow, don't try to explain it to them, they won't understand. I spent the best part of my evening to try to explain two of them zealots what a lie is, they didn't even grasp half of it and they had the nerves to negrep my arse for it so don't go there it's useless. :lol:

Yep...guess why I stayed out of it...

I was just wondering: Vettel got a huge penalty for colliding with Kubica but why didn't Barichello get one for causing that huge carnage in the first corner (he hit Weber who hit Heidfeld and Heikki hit Webber as a result)????

Heikki was fucking behind Barichello! How do you crash into someone when they are behind you? Were you people watching the same race as more or something? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Heikki was fucking behind Barichello! How do you crash into someone when they are behind you? Were you people watching the same race as more or something? :rolleyes:

Read the question again, hes not saying Barichello hit kovi directly. Looking at the repeat I'd say it was webber who hit Barichello.

Whitmarsh fesses up

I'd really like to hear some people's opinion about this little snippet, especially those who took my head off yesterday for even daring to say Hamilton lied. :cool:

Martin Whitmarsh said:
When asked if he felt Hamilton had also been truthful in the meeting, Whitmarsh said: "No. I think that Lewis was not entirely truthful, but we have spoken to Davey. He was the senior member of the team and they went into the situation together.

"I think they were trying to deal with the situation and they got it wrong ? but Davey as the senior member of the team was responsible for what happened and therefore I took the decision this morning."

Last edited:
ok, fair enough. But the bit I don't understand, why did they give Trulli penalty in the first place? Just because Hamilton told them? If there's 15 stewards, then I don't understand why they didn't listen to all of the team recordings immediatelly to learn that Hamilton did let him pass. And worst of all, why did it take them so long to tell McLaren team what the hell should they do?

Whitmarsh fesses up

I'd really like to hear some people's opinion about this little snippet, especially those who took my head off yesterday for even daring to say Hamilton lied. :cool:

wtf, so it's all right to lie to a race steward beacuse your team boss told you so?

hamilton fans need to catch a wake up slap and realise that both the driver and the team made a mistake of lying to the FIA, therefore the results are pretty clear and fair.

What I said falls into how McLaren have responded to this incident, there is a reason that the senior member was punished and not Hamilton, at the end of the day Hamilton is part of the entity that is McLaren and if he wants to keep his job then he needs to tow the party line, so he does what his bosses tell him to do.

It'd be exactly the same if the situation was reversed and it was Massa and a Ferrari boss.

McLaren fired sport director Dave Ryan because of the "lying affair", as the press calls it here. He worked for McLaren for 34 years!

And McLaren admits that Hamilton was lying.

End of story.

Time to go on to the next race.

P.S. If Lewis Hamilton lied not of his own free will but because his superior told him to, he is a weak character and nothing more than a gutless driving dummy. Good sportsmanship is something different.

Last edited:
So you think he's going to come back?

In cases like this, "suspended" is a soft word for fired. He'll probably get a good financial settlement and then he will be a pensioner. That's the way it works when someone is fired for "political reasons", or - as we say in German - has become a "Bauernopfer".

Last edited:
Thats up to Whitmarsh and McLaren I guess. You'd have to imagine in that sort of situation the working relationship has probably been damaged and it might be better for everyone if McLaren just paid him off. It's awful that a relationship spanning three decades has come to such an abrupt end.

Thats up to Whitmarsh and McLaren I guess. You'd have to imagine in that sort of situation the working relationship has probably been damaged and it might be better for everyone if McLaren just paid him off. It's awful that a relationship spanning three decades has come to such an abrupt end.

After Whitmarsh saying that Ryan has heavily damaged the reputation of the team and apologizing for it?

That sounds very much like a slammed door to me.

Cheaters with a capital C.

If I were a McLaren/Hamilton fan I would be ashamed.

rubbish, it wasn't the fans that lied - it were Lewis and ryan (at least those). You can't blame the fans for their idols behaviour, or there'd be quite a few million people ashamed of driving into a particular piece of armco in monaco a couple years back :lol:

rubbish, it wasn't the fans that lied - it were Lewis and ryan (at least those). You can't blame the fans for their idols behaviour, or there'd be quite a few million people ashamed of driving into a particular piece of armco in monaco a couple years back :lol:

Well, at least Ferrari wasn't stupid enough to give instructions via radio *lol*

If you believe you gotta cheat, at least make it intelligent, so no one can prove anything ;)

Last edited:
Lewis Hamilton has issued a sincere apology for his part in the Australian grand prix steward's inquiry saga but insisted that he was misled by his sporting director Dave Ryan when giving evidence in the aftermath of the race. "I am not a liar," he said. "I'm not a dishonest person. I'm a team player and every time I've been informed to do something, I've done it."

Hamilton was excluded from the classification for last weekend's race after it was determined that he and Ryan, had deliberately misled stewards in their investigation into an incident towards the end of the race.

Ryan has been suspended by the team and Hamilton, the reigning world champion, still faces the possibility of further sanctions from the FIA, which could include suspension or disqualification from the championship. But Hamilton finally broke his silence on his disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix this afternoon and apologised for his part in misleading race stewards.

"In Melbourne I had a great race and as soon as I got out of the car I did TV interviews at the back of the garage and straightaway I told them what had happened during the race," Hamilton said. "Straight after that we were requested to appear before the stewards and whilst waiting for the stewards, I was instructed and misled by the team manager to withhold information and that's what I did. I sincerely apologise to the stewards for wasting their time but really, I'm very sorry for the situation and for my team and for Dave, because he's been a good member of the team for many years and I don't think that it was his intention. He's a good guy.

"When I went into the meeting, I had no intention [to lie]. I just wanted to tell my story and see what happened. I was misled and that's just how it went. I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans who have believed in me and supported me through the years. They watched me for what I am the last two years ? that's who I am.

"I am not a liar. I'm not a dishonest person. I'm a team player and every time I've been informed to do something, I've done it. This time I realise that it's a huge mistake and I'm learning from it. I apologise for not speaking to you [the media] yesterday but it's a lot to take in and a lot to deal with it so I'm hear to apologise to everyone."

Hamilton felt that he owed it to his fans and supporters to explain his side of the story. "This is not an easy thing for anyone to do, to put their hand up and to step back and to realise that they're in the wrong," he added. "But the fact is I was in the wrong and I felt that I owed it to my fans and I owed it to my people to let them know.

"I was misled ? it's easy to be misled sometimes ? but that was the situation and that's why I'm here. I acted as a team member. When I've been asked to do something, I've generally done it. I didn't have time to think about what I was going to do. I went in and I did it and felt awkward and very uncomfortable and I think that the stewards could see that. I've never felt so bad. Try to put yourself in my position. As I've said, I'm not a liar and I've not gone through life being a liar or dishonest. So for people to say that and for the world to think that way, what can I say?"

he just released the statement and it falls exactly into what I've already been saying :p

*facepalm*

cobol,mclarensmps:

Lewis said in a TV interview that he was ordered to let Trulli pass. He said in the radio conversation with the team, that he let Trulli pass. When asked by the stewards, he said he DID NOT let trulli pass. Tell me please what that looks like ? :|

In light of Lewis' new comments, it seems like we don't need a transcript of the FIA hearing, to know what happened. I just woke up and read it, so I'll admit that I was wrong, and am pretty disappointed in the team right now. Anyways, these places would be no fun if we didn't argue with each other from time to time :p.

Yes, Cellos, YOU can enjoy it as well, right now :p I was wrong wrong wrong haha!