2009 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

Flavio has spoken out about Brawn and the apparent injustice of them winning the championship with a driver who was almost retired and a driver who is just slow. He is really sore about this, I say just shut up and get on with getting your car up to scratch. Or maybe he's trying to deflect attention away from Piquet.

I'm still a Renault fan but I've learned to mentally block Flavio's comments a long time ago. He's slightly insane, that's obvious to everyone.

I missed FP1 and FP2 :( because of work, can someone quickly get me up to speed on what went down during the practice sessions? Anything interesting happened?

I'd like to know too

Guess what? There are sites like f1.com, planet-f1.com or autosport.com which provide this kind of information!

Last edited:
2Gman333-X-ferrari, I wasn't talking to you, u just happened to post 1min before me )

In short about FP1&2, Ferrari are struggling, so do BMW and Renault. Tires seem to be graining very quickly for most and softs are only good for a few laps. Brawn as usual very fast, Toyota and Williams are close. Red Bull seem to be the best non ddd car. Force India spent half of the day on the grass, lucky for them lots of run off areas.

Massa has gone on record claiming Ferrari are worse off without KERS. Barrichello and Button have launched a counter attack on Flavio, the gist of which makes Flav out to be a sore loser. Not only that but Button revealed he was being chased by Renault in the off season as a replacement for Piquet (snap!). Oh, and Button and Barrichello still featured in the top three of practice two.

Button & Barrichello: 1
Briatore: 0

Dont worry Vikirad, I think we all accept that Flavio can be a little off the wall at times...:p

Goddamit! Apparently I have a birthday party to go to on Sunday afternoon so I'll have to record the race and watch it later. I hate that.

Thanks guys for the quick summary, I must admit the weekend isn't looking bright for Fezza at all... sighhh I feel bad for the drivers.

He's slightly insane, that's obvious to everyone.

Those blue glasses he wears... :|

Bridgestone:Of particular note, the tyre appearance of the Brawn and Toyota cars was very beautiful and even, meaning they appear to be using their tyres well, but some other teams are still finding the best set-ups.

Bridgestone responds to Shanghai Tyre Concerns

Of course, the brawn and toyota manage the tyres well, they are running higher downforce. The main complaining teams are non diffuser teams. Bridgestone could have helped the non diffuser teams by bringing harder compounds, but I guess the skipped tire compound rule prevents that anyways. I like how the tires hit drivers in the face. awesome:lol:

Why are we talking about Flavio's glasses?

Cause they're awesome!

LOL.

Anyway, back to F1 topic. As usual, I will be staying up late to catch the live qualifying sesson.

Anyone got a live feed for BBC's coverage? The link I got for Malaysian GP and Australian GP doesn't work anymore, I presume it got taken down or something.

hey madcow - try this one

Darn it, I'm starting to get the feeling that Massa is just as quick if not quicker than Kimi most of the time - with Kimi sometimes giving it some effort to go faster on race pace. argh that makes me angry to admit, not a fan of the balding, but gracious baby.

boy I hope redbull will be in good shape for quali, with them both out due to silly driveshaft boots.

11 6 Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:36.702 0.569 14
12 5 Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:36.742 0.609 14
13 12 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:36.742 0.609 16
14 11 Sebastien Bourdais STR-Ferrari 1:36.834 0.701 17
15 14 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:37.330 1.197 8
16 15 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:37.349 1.216 7
17 20 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:37.534 1.401 17
18 21 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Mercedes 1:37.732 1.599 18

As if they finished in this order on purpose LOL

FP3:
Gearbox problem for Glock, they'll probably need to change it.
Driveshaft problems for both RBR cars but they'll be ok for quali.
Alonso only did 6 laps in the first part of the practice and then had a problem with the diffuser, the mechanics were working on it but he couldn't go out again.

Rosberg tops the FP session with the fastest time.

Impressive : )

I really hope Rosberg can translate that into race wins and a pole position, god knows he probably wants it so badly after always doing so well in practice.