2009 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix

EPIC :mrgreen:

I'm sooo glad for Webber, finally he got a position on the podium - the final step onto #1 just another wet race to go :lol:

Good to see another winner finally :)

Great bit of driving from Vettel and Webber.

Jenson also scored a podium finish : )

Even though Ferrari let Kimi down once again, I'm actually pretty chuffed with the results.

Epic race...really deserved win for Red Bull and Vettel :)

Wonder why Lewis was spinning all the time though...his car seems very snappy at the back...

Ferrari still no points :D

Last edited:
It was definetely worth staying up late and catching the live coverage.

What a great race.

Well done to Webber for finishing.
Well done Kovi for making the first lap and finishing the race in the points.
Well done Rubens for setting the fastest lap and with a brake problem.
Well done Beumi for scoring more points.

Bad luck Trulli.
Bad luck Sutil.

You suck Piquet.

WELL DONE Vettel!!!!

Wish I could get live coverage, but I make do with a ye ancient non-digital compatible telly in my bedroom...stupid free-to-air networks. :cry:

Internet live steaming?

The chinese PM in a plastic bag was hilarious, what were they thinking when they put that on? :p

Internet live steaming?

Both internet connection and computer too crappy. It all goes tits up whenever I try to stream anything. :mad:

I will do something about it....when I have enough monies. :| I hate being a student.

Last edited:
Anyone heard what Vettel said about naming his car "Kate's Dirty Sister"? :lol:

"You have to have a relationship with her... You ask a lot of them... It's not entirely a holy (?) relationship... You (DC) should know, you're the man when it comes to women!"

"So your car is a female?"

"Yes, always. All my cars so far have been female!"

Not exactly word-for-word, but that's the gist of it! LOL vettel is hilarious! :lmao:
When was this? before the race?

Yay for Vettel and Webber. Good to see the Aussie getting his highest race position.
Shame about Sutil, when they showed that onboard, you couldn't see a thing
Kubica for a penalty? That was a huge mount
Great to see McLaren doing so well but Hamilton spinning at least 3 times?
Nice to see the rookie doing well
Piquet being consistently inconsistent. Get him off the team.
Nico nico nico :(

What a great race.

Well done to Webber for finishing.
Well done Kovi for making the first lap and finishing the race in the points.
Well done Rubens for setting the fastest lap and with a brake problem.
Well done Beumi for scoring more points.

Bad luck Trulli.
Bad luck Sutil.

You suck Piquet.

WELL DONE Vettel!!!!

My feelings exactly!

The chinese PM in a plastic bag was hilarious, what were they thinking when they put that on? :p

Don't have a raincoat? Improvise.

Woohoo! Go Vettel and Webber! A top day for Red Bull Racing. :D :mouse:

Missed the race because all the internet streams I found were crap.

What happened to Heidfeld at the end? Buemi overtook him voor P9 or so with 5 laps to go, but he ended up in P12...
Is there any explanation for Trulli's slow pace before he got rearended by Kubica? He really seemed to be lacking serious speed.
I also don't know why Kubica started from the pitlane, did he also change his gearbox?

What happened to Heidfeld at the end? Buemi overtook him voor P9 or so with 5 laps to go, but he ended up in P12...
Is there any explanation for Trulli's slow pace before he got rearended by Kubica? He really seemed to be lacking serious speed.
I also don't know why Kubica started from the pitlane, did he also change his gearbox?

No, BMW fueled him just before the start. The same for Glock, he didnt start from pitlane because of gearbox.

EPIC WIN FOR RBR! I am so unbelievably happy for Vettel and Webber! Stunning stunning drive from them, all the overtaking all over the place, in the wet!

Well done to the Macca boys! Very happy for Kovy, finally getting some results after Aus and Malaysia! Hamilton was good today, except he made some mistakes which cost him. Oh well, he did pretty good! :)

Buemi drove a good race! I am thoroughly impressed with him and a very well deserved point for the lad.

Ferrari... *takes a deep breath*... messed up Kimi's race due to the car. IMO, I think Kimi did quite well despite all the shit that was thrown at him, rain, a slow car with additional problems, seemingly no grip with the tyres, no new diffuser, no KERS, etc. I was praying that he'd at least finish the race, and he did. Right now, I'm not even aiming for Raikkonen to get a podium. Just one point will make me happy for him.

Bad day all around for Trulli (that crash with Kubica from behind) and Sutil. Man, I cannot imagine the heartbreak that Sutil went through when the car hit the barrier. :( Bad day for Williams too :(

And oh no, Piquet. I dunno what to say. :|